Chapter Sixty-two

Speculations. So many speculations arose from the general public and they all echoed one thing – we were dating. The night after we returned to our regular lives, Yinka posted some of our videos from the retreat. Prior to his videos, I'd posted solo videos of me, so coupled with his videos, there was an uproar among his fans.

I've never had any of my videos reposted with such ferocity. The funny part was the videos he posted weren't the couple kind of videos. They were regular clips of us having fun and being normal. I was also getting DMs from some of his fans, trying to confirm the news.

They weren't wrong but they didn't need to know that.

I placed a hand over my eyes, blocking out the bright sun as I walked towards my Faculty. The school was back in session and I had two classes. One in the morning and the other, an early afternoon class. The first class was long and draining, I was hoping the second wouldn't be the same.

"Neye. Neye!"

I whipped my head in the direction of my name and met two unfamiliar girls across the road. They had their foreheads creased and brows pulled down with uncertainty. But, as soon as I gave them a small, hesitant wave, wide grins appeared on their faces.

They must know me from YouTube or something.

They waved back with great fervour and excitement and it made me wonder what they saw in 'ordinary' me. Although I must admit, the simple gesture lifted my spirit and I continued on my way with a light bounce in my steps.

As expected, there was no lecturer in the hall and it was a bit rowdy. In seconds, I located my friends seated in the middle of the hall, chatting away with smiles. Once I neared them, Uju sprang up from her seat and engulfed me in a tight hug.

I chuckled as I pushed her off me. "What's doing you? Like we didn't see in the last class"

Tope gave Uju a light push to the side and gave me a hug. "Don't mind her. It's me that is supposed to be hugging her. I couldn't make that early morning class"

"How far now?" I smiled as we pulled apart

"I'm good" she took a step back and ran her eyes across my body. "You've added o"

"Shey, I was telling you. Her papito is doing his work nah" Uju interjected and winked suggestively.

"Abi, enjoyment galore. Take am easy o" Felix added

I could only gape at them as they all concurred and teased me.

"God when" Feyi lifted her hands in the air and look up to the ceiling.

"Ah Feyi, even you" I shook my head at her and feigned a look of disappointment.

"Wetin do her? Tah, go and sit down joor" Uju wriggled her nose at me. (What happened to her?)

I raised my hands in mock surrender and moved towards an empty seat. "I'm going"

The second I settled down and pulled out my phone, it got snatched out of my hands. Uju settled atop her table, facing me with a mischievous grin.

"Let me see all the videos you guys made" she wiggled her brows as she scrolled through the phone. She paused and lifted her eyes from the screen. "Is there any spicy video here?"

I tried my hardest not to give her a reaction and maintained a blank expression. "You'll not find what you're looking for"

Her eyes went wide. "So, there's actually something"

My composure broke and I blushed hard. "I didn't say that"

She eyed me for a second and lifted the phone to her face. "I'll find it, don't worry"