Manticore Venom

"Please, make it stop" Leo begged holding his head tightly as if it would fall off.
This started when you were attacked by the manticore. It was about to sting you with his poison when Leo jumped in front off you and took your place. He ended up getting more than one sting. You screamed and cried but by the time you managed to kill it Leo was almost dead.

Fortunately you managed to get him to the infirmary in time. Although Leo still had a fever and was constantly shivering he was alive and that's all that mattered to you. You spent a whole week next to his side while he was unconscious, and the second your repair boy opened his eyes you couldn't have been happier but that's when all the painful screaming started.

Will Solace immediately ran and gave him a sedative drug to make him sleep as you stared in shock. "What's wrong with him?" You asked holding Leo's hand hoping that what you just saw was a dream. Will sighed. "I was afraid this would happen, it seems that Leo is having a different side effect to the manticore venom"

"But is there anything we can do? What will happen to Leo?" You questioned one question after the other. "We can't do anything right now and depending on his condition. It's too late to give him any medication, it will only make the matter worse I don't know what will happen to Leo or why he was screaming but I can't keep on giving him sedatives"

You sobbed at the thought of Leo in pain. Two weeks passed and Leo remained in the same condition. He would wake up crying from nightmares. Scream because of Hallucinations and sometimes he would even cry of the flashbacks repair boy used to have of his mother.

You hugged him as he held his head. Leo was crying and you couldn't help it when you ended up in tears too. "Don't worry Leo it's going to be okay. I promise no matter what happens I'll be right here next to you. I swear on the river Styx" you promised. "Do you want to tell me about the nightmare you had? It might make you feel better." You advised.

The son of Hephaestus nodded and layed back down on his bed while staring at you with those warm brown eyes you fell in love with. "I was in a burning building. People were dying all around. Campers,my mum, Chiron......" He gulped "you. I couldn't move. All of you were in pain and dying and I couldn't help you. You died in front of my eyes."
A tear escapes his eye but he quickly wipes it away. "I'm so sorry Leo" you apologize. He looks at you with a confused expression.

"Why are you sorry water girl?" Fire boy questioned. "If I had been more careful you wouldn't have taken my place" you stated. Leo smiles at me "I rather die then watch you get attacked by a monster without me doing anything. I love you (y/n). So don't feel guilty or blame yourself because I don't"
You smile at him and peck his lips. Leo suddenly gasps out and turns pale as if he saw a ghost.

Your smile turns into a frown. "What's wrong Leo?" You ask him. He continues staring at the wall. "Don't you see her?" He questions his voice cracking at the end. "I-it's my mum" he smiles happily. You bite your lip from releasing another sob. "Leo there's nothing there. You're hallucinating. It's okay it's just another side effect from the venom" you say and lay him back down on the bed.

Leo fights to sit back up but due to all the sedatives he had taken he lost. "No you're wrong. It is my mum. She's back, she's alive. My mum's happy and alive" repair boy informs crying tears of joy. You couldn't take it anymore. You hated seeing Leo like this so you called Will in with the sedative.
The moment the syringe touched his arm. Leo's eyelids slowly closed and with a smile on his face he uttered his last words full of happiness "I love you mum" with that his eyes closed.

A/N- Hope you enjoyed this chapter let me know what you think and whether I should make a part 2 of this.