Fortune Cookie

Thanks to my wonderful reader carsen_elizibeth

A/N- This is like the Mark of Athena but with a twist.

The 8 decided to split up on finding Nico,except for Annabeth who went on her solo quest. You had a dream telling you to go to the Pantheon,a temple which was built by Marcus Agrippa to find a secret passage. So you and Leo went together. "Where would I be if I was a secret passage?" Leo asked himself,then it was as if a light bulb lit in his head,he ran his hand down the back of a column,"I found it".

"Really can you open it?"He nodded 'The lock has been ripped out but I think I'll manage" he placed his hand on it and closed his eyes,soon enough the floor opened up a dark square.

"You did it" you yelled while pecking his cheek. The mortals didn't seem to see anything and you guessed it was because of the mist. "Are you sure its safe down there?" You asked as you looked at the dark and creepy passage way. He shrugged "don't worry fire boy will protect you,if anything tries to hurt you,they'll wish they'll never been born" as he said that Leo thought about the talk he had with Nemesis. That he'd always be the 8th wheel. Leo could feel the fortune cookie in his tool belt waiting to be opened 'Soon you'll find a problem you cannot solve,though I can help.....for a price' she whispered in his head.

"Leo!" You shouted a little bit louder. You had been yelling his name for the last five minutes,he jerked,"sorry,what were you saying?" You were interrupted by someone yelling "Leo Valdez" he turned to see three tourists with solid gold eyes,"Eidolons" you gasped,"come on (y/n) they won't fit down here" Leo advised,with that you both jumpedin the dark secret passage. Immediately the hatch above you closed,while the Eidolons shouted "Valdez,kill,Valdez"

Leo used his fire for light "What the Hades where Eidolons doing there?" Leo questioned,"well Piper told them not to posses any of us and to stay of the ship,she didn't say they can't posses others and kill us" you reminded "this just gets better and better" Leo says (note the sarcasm).

You both stopped in front of a door,"Stay back for the amazing Leo to do his work",the door was more complicated then he thought first of all it was made of imperial gold,a mechanical sphere in the center covered in tons of symbols and greek.

'He finally opened it,inside were loads of cool stuff that would keep Leo busy for years',there were spheres,loose gears,cables,cubbyholes,ancient scroll cases and two armoured manikins which gave you the creeps. "Wouldn't it be cool if they worked?" He asked "I like them the way they are actually" you replied but Leo didn't hear you he was to busy in Leo heaven 'Look,the head's wiring has been discounected' he continued to ramble on the same way he does when he's excited.

He began telling you the legend of Archimedes,that he was a hero to cabin nine and he was incredibly known for his spheres. Leo suddenly got an idea,he began searching through scrolls until he found what he was looking for,"This is it,the scroll on building spheres,(y/n) this is the lost book,it can save camp,its even bigger than Daedalus's laptop" Leo suddenly has hope but naturally everything went wrong.

An orb next to you clicked and whirred cables shot out of the top hitting you like taser wires and you collapsed on the floor,"(y/n)!" He yelled stopped what he was doing and lunged to help but the two manikins,drew there swords and walked towards Leo,the left one (which had a wolf face,while the right one had a lion's) spoke in a hollow voice "You cannot escape us. Even though we don't like possesing machine's,you will not leave here alive.

Leo didn't know what to do,he couldn't blast them with fire since they were metal,it wouldn't do any effect,but he also knew that if he tried that he would hurt you,but one thing was sure he had to get the crazy manikins away from you,'A female demigod, she'll do well for the sacrifice in order to wake the goddess' Lion face said "Too bad you're going to die a more painful death Leo Valdez cause if not you could be use to us"

"Hey everybody needs a little Valdez" Leo said smiling even though inside he was freaking out,"I know you Leo Valdez,I helped you start a war" Wolf head says. Leo's smile immediately vanished,he remembered someone controlling him to use the ballista on the Roman camp,"T-That was you?" He stuttered,they stepped forward thier swords almost reaching Leo's face,he suddenly got that elfish grin Leo always had,"actually you don't know me,bye" he picked you up, lunged for the stairs and went upstairs.

Leo carefully put you down, closed both doors and made fire to fuse the locks,the workshop was full of junk. Leo quickly went near the Archimedes sphere,'Leo Valdez open these doors or we'll kill you' wolf head shouted 'I like that offer but no thanks,let me finish this first".

Leo began working on the sphere reassembling the missing pieces. The knights started to knock and pound on the door.

'Who is it?' Leo called

'Valdez ' the eidolons roared

'Valdez who?' Leo asked.

He continued the sphere,made a mistake and had to start all over again,'Open these things or we'll kill your girlfriend' he looked at your unconscious body,tears threatens to fall and Leo's heart began beating more rapidly. He couldn't forgive himself if something happend to you because of him. Leo looked over at the taser ball that knocked you out,he guessed that the third eidolon was hiding in there,that was his least favorite one for hurting you.

'Open it now or she'll die',the taser ball sent another shock through your limp body which flinched. That kind of electricity could have stopped your heart. Leo couldn't do this he had failed this mission,this quest,you,'you'll find a problem you cannot solve' he heard Nemesis's voice in his head. She had known this moment would come,she told him that she could help with a price but if he didn't do this you would die and that mattered more to him than the entire world. Repair boy took a deep breath. Grabbed the fortune cookie. 'I need the acess code for this sphere',then he opened it.

He looked at the code and turned the rings,the sphere shuddered,he tried another orb but it burst into dust,he tried a third but it broke to,finally the fourth try was better,the orb spun and sailed straight for the cubbyholes,'What..kill the prisoners' Wolf head ordered the taser ball but it in no shape to comply,the golden sphere had sawed it's head and to Leo's relief you began to stir,'we'll destroy the demigods ourselves then' wolf head growled. "I don't think so" Leo turned to Lion head and worked on the sphere which resulted in giving lion head a shock "You're in Leo World now"he grinned,instead of killing the demigods he faced Wolf head.

Lion head began hitting his comrade "Stop that" Wolf head demanded 'I cannot' he replied uselessly they continued to fight until they tumbled down the stairs. Meanwhile the other orbs and spheres beagn to pop to much energy courses through them,he immediately hugged you and covered you with his body as the two eidolons blew apart that's when you opened your eyes and Leo was never so happy to see you wonderful (e/c). He pecked you on the lips "you're alive" he said "Ofcourse I'm alive. I couldn't leave you that easily but What exactly happened?"

"Long story" he told you everything from the time you blacked out "So you used the cookie?" He nodded sadly 'I didn't have a choice,you were going to die and-" you cut him of by giving him a passionate kiss,then pulled away "I know Leo,you did the the right thing,now lets find Nico" you said. Leo still dazed from the kiss asked "who? Oh son of Hades,right" and with that you continued trying to find him,still unaware of the price they had to pay.

Hope you liked it!