Manticore Venom part 2

You couldn't take it anymore. Leo hasn't been himself for almost a month now and you had to do something. "Hey Leo, how are you feeling today?" You asked as you entered the infirmary. The son of Hephaestus looked a you through his half closed eyes with bags underneath them. He looked terrible today, he seemed more sick than usual.

"I'm fine water girl, no need for that worried expression" he croaked hoarsely. Although you could easily see through the lie. You sighed and kissed his hand. "More nightmares?" You guessed. He nodded stiffly, Leo knew he couldn't lie to you. "Yeah but don't worry (y/n) I'll try to get better and then we could go kick monster butts as usual" he informs before having a coughing fit.

Sadly you knew the truth even though it made your heart break every time you thought about it. 'Leo is never going to get better', that's what Will Solace had told you. 'I'm sorry' he had said 'but at this rate I don't think Leo would be able to survive another week.'

"I'm so tired (y/n)" your once ADHD boyfriend whispers. "I'm always tired" he admits. "I saw my mum again yesterday, she told me that I'd be soon joining her. I'm dying aren't I?" Leo asked. You shook your head, "of course not repair boy. You're too strong to die trust me knowing how many times Gaia has tried to kill you and not succeeded, you're too stubborn" you joked hiding the tears.

That seemed to cheer him up a little. "Yeah that's true"
You smile at him and pulled the cotton sheet over his chest and kissed his head. "Get some sleep repair boy I'll be right here when you wake up" you promised. "(Y/n) can you promise me something else before I fall asleep?" He asked. You nodded "will you sleep in your cabin tonight? You've been sleeping in that chair ever since what happened to me and i at least would like you to have a good nights sleep" he insisted. "Leo I-" you were about to say before he cut you off. "Please (y/n)" fire boy pouted. You couldn't say no to that face so you nodded in agreement. He smiled one last time and as Leo's head hit the pillow he was out like a light.

You decided to go back to your cabin. It's been so long since you stepped inside that you noticed the way Percy had rearranged things. You laid on your bed but wasn't able to sleep since all your thoughts were filed with Leo. You didn't know how much time passed before sleep overcame you full of nightmares.

The sudden banging on your cabin door woke you up. "(Y/n)! (Y/n)! Wake up, it's Leo. The venom it's destroying his insides!" Will yelled. That's all it took for you to immediately stand up ignoring the dizziness and practically flew to the infirmary. The sight you saw instantly made you sob. Leo, your poor Leo was shivering, his skin pale white despite him being Latino and he was screaming his head off.

"Please, it hurts. Just kill me now, get it over with" he gasped out. "I can't live with this pain...any...anymore. My whole body is burning and I keep having hallucinations."
You went to his side and held his cold hand. "(Y/n)? You're here!" Leo smiled despite of the pain. "I love you so much (y/n). I want to at least tell you that before I-" he couldn't even finish his sentence before his face twisted into an expression of agony.

You cried. Never ending tears falling on your cheeks. "I love you too Leo, please you can't leave me. You promised you wouldn't" you sobbed. "Come on water girl there's no need for the tears. I promise I'll wait for you. I won't choose rebirth that way someday we could be reunited once more"

"Please repair boy. Just hang on a little longer I'll find a way to get you healed, please I would do anything, please" you begged. Leo begin to take short breaths as if was getting harder for him to breathe. "I can't. I want to I love you and I want to keep on living with you until we die together of old age but I can't. I don't know how many times Thanatos had come here when you were asleep to take me away but I always managed to fight him and the venom long enough for him to leave. But this time it's too much. I can't fight. I'm weak." He whispered.

"You're not weak. You're the strongest person I've ever met Leo" you informed with a small smile on your face. He smiled too. "Kiss me" Fire boy croaked. You couldn't deny his last request so you did. You kissed him and felt his last breaths seize and his heart beat under your fingers stop. His lips turned cold and his eyes were closed. Your repair boy was dead. You screamed and cried but it was no use he was gone. You kept on yelling until Will had to give you a sedative and the whole time before you fell asleep you kept thinking to yourself how the boy you loved, the boy with his fire just got his flame extinguished.

A/N- I'm so sorry for the ending. I hate killing Leo. This is the first time I actually killed him don't know if there is a next time. I promise next chapter would be a lot happier.