Chap. 11

Why in the world am I doing this right now?! that was Blake's exact thought as he stood in the line for the fastest ride at the carnival The Teeth Clincher roller coaster with Emma by his side. Sure he went to carnival's and fair's alot growing up but he never rode the roller coasters because to him it was like a death wish waiting to happen. He still doesn't understand how he let Emma convince him to get on this ride "This is gonna be so awesome" Emma smile's widely making his frown deepen. They finally got to the front of the line and the woman helped them into their seats pushing the metal bar down over the bodies. He white knuckled the bar bitting his lip as she looked over at him grinning "Are you afraid Lake?" he glares over at her making her giggle behind a hand "There's still time to back out" she says tilting her head to the side. He leans back into the seat trying to look unaffected but he was obviously afraid "I'm not scared Emma... I'm excited that's all. I'm not afraid of anything" all that was a huge lie. Which was immediately made apparent as the rollercoaster suddenly shoots forward down the tracks. Both their screaming filled the air Emma laughs looking over at Blake seeing his hair whirling around his head like a tornado eyes slightly watering. They're bodies got thrown from side side bumming into each other repeatedly Emma raised her arms grinning "It feels like I'm flying!" she yells over he's screaming "It feels like I'm literally going to die your crazy!" he yell looks at her out the corner of his eye. As the ride finally comes to a stop both of them look like they just walked through a wind tunnel. He lets out a breath and slowly climbs out his legs wobble he felt like he could just melt into a puddle on the ground while Emma excitedly jumps out of her side "Wow that was amazing! Right Blake?" he rolls his eyes at her comment thinking how could anyone find rollercoaster fun when he literally felt his soul leave his body. She looks around for him finding him leaning against a near by wall trying to catch his breath before pulling away looking at the ground with his hands on his hips. She walks over to him patting him on the back laughing "You ok?" she says holding back her smile at he gives her a exhausted nod "Yah I'm cool how about we get some food now huh?" she nods in agreement. They leave the carnival and a few minutes later they we're seated inside a Olive garden she got the cheese ravioli and he got the shrimp. To someone looking for the outside it would appear that they are on a date with his jacket still wrapped around her arms she excuse herself to go to the restaurant. While she was gone Blake came up with a idea he signaled the waiter to come over to him he whispered something in his ear the waiter smiles giving him a thumbs up and confirmation before walking away. Emma comes back from the bathroom and after they finish their meal Emma was sipping on her soda as Birthday music starts to play around them. Her eyebrow scrunch together in confusion as the waiters and waitresses start to clapping their hands singing happy birthday to her. Blake watched on dramatically clapping his hands singing happy birthday the waitress sent a vanilla cake in front of her "Your boyfriend here told us it was your birthday" her glanced over at him. He shrugs grinning "How thoughtful of him" the women nods and they all walk away getting back to work "It's not my birthday Blake" she shakes her head whispering. He picks up his fork taking the corner of the cake "I knew it was a 1 in 365 chance it was your birthday today but hey free cake your welcome" he pops the cake into his mouth making her laugh she picks up her spoon. Digging it into the side of the yellow cake taking a bite smiling it's been along time since she had cake because she had to watch her figure for dance but damn that was delicious "It's even more tasty because it's free" Blake winks at her leaning against his palm watching her. She scratches the top of her head thinking a moment "Are we bad people for lying about it being my birthday to get free cake?" she whispers while questioning both their morals Blake picks up another piece of cake. He pretends to think over her question for a few minutes "Umm oh most definitely we are the worst type of people" he says sarcastically making her laugh he holds out his fork to her she shyly leans forward eating the cake off the end "Yup just the worst type of people" she says sitting back down grinning.