Chap. 13

"So I'm guessing the dance went well" Blake jumps back startled seeing this mom making breakfast and Alex along with his dad seated at the dining room table. It was the next morning and the beginning of the weekend he wasn't expecting to wake up and see his parents here this morning "Whoa whoa what are you guys doing here?" brow raised slightly. He waves his hands looking between them his dad smiles leaning his head against his hand "Surprise!" Alex yells grinning his mom points a finger at him "When you didn't come back early we decided to take today off to" he slowly takes his seat beside Alex still kinda shocked. His mom turns back to the oven flipping one of the pancakes so apparently his parents knew him too well that he would have totally left that dance on his own if he wouldn't have ended up leaving with Emma "So you must have had fun last night? Did you dance with a pretty girl?" his dad asks in a teasing manner. While Alex made a disgusted face "Ewww girls are gross Blake I hope you didn't touch any of them" Blake rolls his eyes leaning back in the chair "You'll be happy to know Alex that I didn't dance with anyone last night" his mom sits the pancakes on the table. She takes her seat beside his dad as everyone starts to fill their plates "Why did you stay than?" He looks at his mom eyebrow raised "I thought that was what you wanted?" his dad watches his reaction a moment "He for sure ditched it probably for a girl" he says pouring syrup on his pancakes his statement makes his mom lets out a excited squeak. He got that she was excited because he never showed interest in girls but she really needs to calm down "Oh my gosh my baby...we have to meet her" Blake cough choking on his pancake. Alex pats him hard on the back "There is no girl" his struggles to say putting emphasis on each word "She must be something if he spent so long with her without killing her....you didn't kill her right?" his dad asks Blake looks at him in disbelief. He stands up with his plate "Oook I'm going to go eat in my room now" he grabs his plate and quickly turns around climbing up the stairs to his room as his parents continue their conversation about him and this mystery girl. There was nothing to talk about there was no girl nothing crazy happened last night just he saw someone having a bad night and decided to cheer them up...that was it.

***

"Mother is all this really necessary?" Emma guessed as she sat on the end of the bed her mother taking her phone off her table putting it in her pocketbook. She crossed her arms glaring at Emma "Yes Emma it is because you didn't answer any of our calls all last night. The reason we got you the phone in the first place so we can keep track of you I'm taking it for a week I hope it teaches you a lesson. What on earth happened last night why didn't you answer?" Emma swallows her frustration glancing to the side thank good she hide Blake's jacket under her bed. If her mother would have seen it when she barged in this morning she would have been in real trouble "I'm sorry mother I...I don't know what happened" her mother shakes her head looking disappointed before opening her closet romaging through the clothes "And I and your father where waiting up for you. You didn't even come home for your curfew and that boy was late picking you up if he thought he was good enough for my daughter he's definitely not" she glances on her shoulder and Emma. Emma bits her lip looking at Tex in her lap she didn't correct her mother about Chan never showing up and Blake being the one that actually took her to the dance she would just find a way to rub it in her face something Emma didn't feel like dealing which right now "You didn't even come out to meet him" she whispers not unheard by her mother "And I wouldn't want to Emma it was clear even from afar that you're out of his league. Anyways It's in the past right now I need to find you a dress to wear when we go to my friend's house later today" Emma rolled her eyes behind her mother's back she just judged him like that without even meeting him Blake was a really good guy. Also how could her mother even call that woman her friend they only ever got together to brag and boast about their children and she always talked crap about her to her father the woman was a know it all nag. She had a son named Jason he went to a private highschool he was pushed just as hard as Emma was so that was something they bonded on when they where basically forced to be together. It was clear they're parents where trying to push them together but she just wasn't into him that way he was a nice guy pretty quit and stiff but nice she just didn't feel that way about him not like she could voice it to her mother she wouldn't have listened anyways. Her mom pulls out a long sleeved floor length navy dress "This will do fine with those black heels I bought you a year ago Jason will probably compliment you" Emma tucked her hair behind her ear as her mom sits the dress beside her. Her mom puts her hands on her hips "Now I want you to go get pretty for later I know it usually takes you a while to get ready when it's time to go I don't want to have to wait for you" Emma grinds her teeth looking out her window to hold her tongue "Or you could just go without me" she mutters her mother glaring a hole into her skin "What's that dear?" she contemplates saying it again but it seemed pointless "...Nothing mother".