Chap. 36

It was the very next day when they put Blake's plan into action Emma was sitting on her bed still in pajamas even though it was noon writing in her dairy when she heard her mother call her from down stairs. Jumping up from bed she makes her way down stairs to see her mother holding open the door "Emma do you know this woman?" Emma trys to hold her smile as she see's Kandy standing there in a knee length light blue dress with flowers. She had her black hair brushed behind her ears in a low ponytail and she was wearing black framed glasses with a knowing grin on her lips. She looked nothing like the girl Emma met at The Underground and that was the whole point of this plan. Emma move to stand beside her mother "Of course mother this is Clementine Roger's from channel 9 news she's the news anchors. I used to work with her when I was a intern at the news station" Emma states lying easily through her teeth she was never a intern at the news station but she knew her mother wouldn't remember everything she's put Emma into over the years. Her mother suddenly smiles after hearing about Kandy's skills she reaches out her hand "What lovely surprise what's the occasion?" Kandy reaches out shaking her mothers hand "Well you see I had such a wonderful time getting to know your daughter we became in some ways friends. I'm aware she graduates next year and would like to know if I can invite her out for a coffee a talk about future scholarship options" her mother grins looking over at Emma while nodding "I'm sure she would love that Emma go get changed" of course her mother would jump at the chance to get more money for college. With a smile Emma begins racing up the stairs Kandy smiles gesturing inside "May I please come in while I wait" Emma's mother nods opening the door wider Kandy steps inside while fixing her glasses. While she waits she looks around the walls at Emma's different awards. Her achievements were plastered all over the walls "I push her hard but I know it will all be worth it when she gets to college" her mother says from her spot on the couch watching Kandy looking around. Kandy smiles looking back at her "My mom was also like you she pushed me right into the news room at a young age. Made me what I am today I guess I'm... somewhat grateful" she says swallowing the bitter taste in her mouth. Her eyes fall on a picture of a young Emma and her mother Emma was holding a violin trophy smiling widely her mother and what Kandy assumed was her father on either side of her looking proud. Emma kinda reminds Kandy of herself growing her mom pushed her as while that's why as soon as she could she pushed her mom right out her life and hasn't looked back since. Her mom pushed her to be a news anchor and that's what she became she didn't know anything else she could have been she hopes her mother...where ever she was, could see her on tv and be proud she became exactly what her mom wanted. By day in the news room she could be Clementine Roger's and by night she could be herself with Chris she could be Kandy and she loved him for that, that he could love and understand both sides of her. As Emma runs down the stairs Kandy snaps out of her thought putting a smile on her face "Ready Emma?" Emma smiles they walk towards the door "She has dance practice in a few hours please have her back by 2:30" Kandy smiles opening the front door Emma walks outside "Of course Ms. Pear I'll be sure to be back before her lesson" her mother smiles while she walked out the door softly closing it behind her. Kandy grins while walking calmly to her car unlocking it for Emma she climbs into the passenger seat. Kandy slides into the driver seat "I can't believe we fooled my mother" Emma says in disbelief Kandy starts the car "Remember this is a two part plan" she says while beginning to drive down the road. Emma sits debating on if Blake's plan would really work her mother definitely liked Kandy so maybe this plan had a chance "Are we really going for coffee?" Kandy uses one hand to take her hair out the ponytail tossing her hair around. She puts the scrunchie in the cup holder "Nope we're gonna have girls time" Emma grins while Kandy takes off her glasses sliding them into the cupholder as well. Emma never had friends she never really had time for it before she was excited to see what girl time entails.