Chap. 87

"No" she said simply looking up into Jason's crystal blue eyes making him frown. His outstretched hand falls back  awkwardly at his side. She turns away from him wishing for him to just disappear. She honestly hoped she wouldn't run into him night but the devil had other plans apparently "Emma don't be rude to your guests one dance wouldn't hurt you dear" her father stated sipping on his wine while looking at his friends. She grinds her teeth glaring up at him "But father..." he cuts her off quickly "Go Emma" she huffs turning back towards Jason. A sly smile makes it's way back onto his lips before he holds out his hand towards her. Slowly she takes it and he leads her into the middle of the living room where other people where dancing she wrapped her arms around his shoulder hands slightly shaking while his go low on her waste. He pulled her body close to his chest "Happy birthday Emma aren't you excited to be 18 along with the new year to come" he whispered with a smile making her glares slight up at him. She couldn't tell if he was trying to be funny or not but it felt a lot like it " You can drop the nice guy act with me and I'm none of your business" she said back in a hushed voice looking around them. Everyone else seemed oblivious to their little argument "I would say it is my business seeing as you showed up at my house with that thug you've been hanging around with accusing me of crimes I didn't commit..." his said in an overly loud voice with trails off at the end. Her eyes widen looking from side to side before snapping up to his "Keep your voice down" his hand tighten on the back of her dress as they sway side to side. She tried to pull away but he kept her firmly in place "Your the one that wanted to be out of my life so don't involve me again in your messy business. I'm only here because my mother's friends with yours when your done with your trip on the so called wild side please don't come looking for me" he pressed his lips tightly before removing his hands from her. He takes a step back completely from her straightening his suit jacket "I'm not the one that sent that letter but I believe in karma just the way you hurt me and broke my heart...I hope you get everything you deserve" he said lowly making a chill run down her body "Go luck and goodbye" he straighted his tie and turned walking away into the crowd of people. A single tear rolls down her cheek it suddenly felt like the walls were closing in around her. Her breathing suddenly felt heavy she wrapped her arms tightly around herself looking down at her heels hair falls around her face. She suddenly saw a pair of red heels standing in front of her "Emma are you alright? You don't look good" looking up her hair blocking out her eyes through the black hair she saw Niki's concerned face. She pushed Emma's hair out her watery eyes "I just got here and I already found you crying. Are you ok? Come on let's get some air" Emma swallowed nodding her head as Niki taking her hand leading her out the living room to the back yard. There was a few people walking around she saw Whitney and Claire sitting by the pool Niki pulled her over towards them. Whitney smile falls as seeing Emma's teary eyes "What happened?" Emma sits on one of the chairs while Niki sat beside Claire how looks at Emma concerned "I don't know I just found her like this in the middle of the dance floor when I got here. She hasn't said a word and when I found her it looked like she was seconds from having a panic attack for real" Niki said while Emma fidget it with the necklace. Her mind was racing Jason has made it clear that he wasn't the one that sent the letter but who else would have? She wasn't even sure she could trust Jason's word he could have easily done it he was crazy. Claire stands up kneeling beside Emma "Emma what happened? please say something your freaking me out" she said sounding panicked making Whitney hit her arm slightly "I think I have a stalker" Emma whispered unable to believe her own words. Whitney rubbed her back trying to console her in some way "What's goin on did I miss something?" Emma turns her head seeing Kandy walking towards them. She was dress in her more buttoned up look with her glasses and hair in a slick back bun knee length dark blue dress. Emma guessed she dressed this way to fool her parents but honestly Emma didn't care about any of that at the moment because it felt like her world was falling apart. Claire quickly takes the time to catch Kandy up on everything that's happened tonight while she sits on the other chair "Maybe you need some time to regroup. Maybe go for a short walk for a few minutes and get some air we'll cover for you if your parents start asking about you" Whitney said while Niki nods patting Emma's back. Emma smiles slightly looking between them "And stay out as long as you need just take your phone just in case don't worry we'll have everything under control here" Claire said while Emma stands up straightening her dress. She smiles while gesturing at Kandy "But won't it ruin your night where's Chris by the way?" she shakes her head while shrugging "Oh course not and he's probably elbow deep in the narcos right he won't even mind go clear your head girl everything is fine" she said reassuring her. Emma felt lucky to have such understanding friends "Thanks guys I'll have my phone on me the whole time and I'll call if I need anything" she sends them a wave before walking out the back gate. Her heels click as she begins to walk down the sidewalk heels clicking as she hopes this walks helps to clear her head.