Chap. 21

It's been a little under a month since the events that happened in the cafeteria. And Emma and Blake fell back In their normal routine Emma still tutored Alex but instead of coming to the room to pick him up she let Alex go out to meet Blake at his car. Blake kept her wishes and didn't try to reach out to her at all to her somewhat disappointment. She still had his jacket in her room along with his Green Day shirt which she sometimes wore to bed because it gave her comfort. Emma's life is pretty much went back to the way it was before she met Blake hopping from one extra curricular to another she was drained but somehow she made it work just like she always has. Her mother and father seemed in good spirits again with her they even gave her phone back. Even though everything was almost exactly the same as it was before she met Blake it still felt off she missed him. A part of her wanted him to break into her house despite her parents wishes just to hang out with her again but nothing like that ever happened. She knows it's for the best and she knows that this is probably the best solution there is, so someone please tell her why she standing outside the auto garage that Blake works at when she doesn't even have a car? She had to say he looked so good in that dirty white t-shirt bent over the front of somebody's car working on it hair tied back in a low ponytail except for a few strains of hair that's stuck to the sweat on his forehead and those dark blue jeans where killing her "Emma? Is that you?" he stands fully looking cocky wipping some sweat off his forehead. She smiled shyly as he passed the wrench to his coworker before making his way closer to her trying to hide his excitement in seeing her again. He tilts his head watching her "How did you find out where I work?" she shifts from side to side under his intense glance "Umm some girls in the bathroom at school we're talking about how you work here and how you look so hot and stuff working on cars" he crosses his arms grinning at her shyness. The girls at school weren't lying he did look good working on cars but she honestly didn't mean to say that out loud "What? Wanted a free show?" he laughs as her eyes widen he turns his back to her walking towards the back of the shop she follows behind "No no of course not that's not why I'm here" as they get to the back he leans against the wall looking at her scanning her outfit she was wear a dark blue ballerina leotard with a flowy skirt to match. The outfit makes his eyes instantly roll "Don't you have somewhere else to be?" crossing his arms as she pops her tongue looking down she did in fact have somewhere else to be her dance practice was starting in a few minutes but she just needed to see him "Don't be like that" she whispered he shakes his head looking annoyed "Like what? You made it perfectly clear...we don't belong in each other lifes" he stands back up to walk away she grabs his wrist. He stops and turn looking at her hand wrapped around his wrist she quickly let's go "I actually came here for automotive help" he lets out a unattractive snort looking around in disbelief before looking at her again "What Emma? because the last time I checked you didn't even have a car" her cheeks quickly heat up and she tried to think of another excuse to keep him around. He laughs softly rubbing his jaw "Get out of here Emma I know you don't wanna get your pretty toto dirty you made it pretty clear that I'm not good enough to be in your life so... Don't don't waste my time" he whispered was she really wasting his time...kinda she knows she hurt his feeling by just cutting him out but she did actually come here for a reason other then to kinda stalk him. He starts to walk away again feeling done with her and the drama "Wait!" she said maybe alittle to loud he faces her with his hands on his hips watching as she pulled a small rectangle piece of paper out the waistband of her skirt "Your invited" she whispers handing him the paper. He looks at it in her hand the moment before reaching out and grabbing it "What's this?" she swallowed finally finding the courage to speak "I know it's not really your things but I'm in a play this friday at the local theater and I want you to be there umm I'm Eponine from Les Miserables" he scratched his head as they both fall into silent for a minute. He bites his lip looking from the ticket to her "What about your parents?" she smiles softly knowing he would bring them up she answered while looking down "They can't make it they never do they stick me in extra curriculars and don't bother to show on opening day" He crossed his arms looking at her holding back his smile. Tucking some stray hair behind his ear "I thought you wanted me out your life Pear so...what is this really?" she sighs frustrated which his attitude sure she kinda deserved it but could he cut her some slack "Maybe this is me telling you that I want you in my life again and I was a idiot to cut you out that way" he smiles widely as if that's exactly what he wanted her to say is been awhile since she's seen him smile and it melted her heart. He raised a eyebrow waving the ticket around "Do I have to wear a suit?" he said while cringing at the thought she shakes her head no as he pretends to think over coming or not a moment "Maybe I'll be there but..no more cutting me out like that again for real Emma" he looks down reading over the ticket. She grins so he had missed her like she missed him even though he would probably never say it she had a feeling he would be there friday night even though he said maybe "Well I would very much like it if you do come" she gives him a small smile before walking outside. She makes her way around the grass before hearing her name being called turning her head seeing Blake leaning against the side of the auto shop eyes scanning over her. His co workers continuing to work on the car behind him "You know this is a bad idea right...us hanging out?" he slides a cigarette out his pocket popping it into his mouth green eye's locked on hers as he lite it blowing out the smoke. It sent a chill through her body the danger of hanging out with him excited her "I know" his pink lips lift into a small smile as he finally looked to the side "Cool..." her holds back her smile as she starts making her way down the sidewalk feeling his eyes on her the whole way.