Chap. 24

Emma quickly turned her head looking up at Blake Thomas turned attention back to the blonde and Blake let go of her hand as he pulled a cigarette and lighter out his pocket "Blake are you serious right now?" he lifted a simple brow looking down at her "What?" Chris was holding back his laugh watching them. She crossed her arms "That's dangerous you could really get hurt" it was obvious that she didn't want him to go out there he lights his cigarette popping it in him mouth "Don't worry Emma he's one of the best everyone is gonna love seeing him race again" Chris said while patting Blake's back. His statement did little to calm Emma racing heart "Did I just hear Blakes racing again?" a tanned girl walks over to join the conversation she was wearing a short black dress with heels her hair was it black shoulder length choppy bob and adorable dimple's she looked kinda familiar. Chris wrapped his arm around her shoulder Blake raised a eyebrow looking between them "Are you two finally together how where you able to trick her into that?" he laughed sarcastically while trying to smoothly change the subject. Chris rolled his eyes as the girl gave Blake a short hug turning to Emma "Hey they call me Kandy cuz I'm so sweet" she says poking her cheek sweetly Chris pulled her hand away pointing a finger toward her "Her names really Clementine Rogers you may recognize her from the 10:00 news she's one of the news anchors" soo that's were she knew her. She looks alittle different then on tv but still recognizable Kandy glares at him before looking back at Emma "But that name doesn't fit my style so you can call me Kandy outside professional settings" she grins and Emma shakes her hand "I like to say I'm the beauty and she's the brains of our relationship" Chris says striking a pose with his hands on his hips making Emma and Kandy laugh. Somehow Blake had managed to turn the conversation away from himself without Emma really noticing she looks up watching him walking back from the race sign up table. She frowned as he made his was back by her side noticing her intense gaze he finally speaks up "Your not my mom Emma I'm in this race now" he says while taking a hit from his cigarette shrugging "A few minutes ago you where sure about not doing it, what change?" she asked curiously about his sudden change in mood. Blake glares over in Thomas direction "No reason" he muttered Kandy tapped Emma on the shoulder whispering "He's doing it to prove point... It's a guy thing" she looks over as him as he throws his cigarette to the ground "What point?" he looks at her before rolling his eyes "There's no point" he stomps out the cigarette. Chris wraps a arm around his shoulder messing up his hair "When Lake did race he always came in first with Thomas always coming second. I'm guessing he wants to prove the point that he's still runs this place weather he's been gone two years or not" Blake pushes him off fixing his hair before making his way over to his bike. They follow behind him seeing Thomas standing by Blake's bike Blake stops right in front of him "I heard your joining the race..good luck out there" he grins holding out his hand for Blake to shake "May the best man win?" Thomas said smoothly Blake slaps his hand out of the way glaring. He pushes pass Thomas climbing on his bike "Don't worry I will" Thomas holds up his hands in surrender grinning cocky turning his head looking at Emma up and down "Who's your new friend Lake haven't seen her around before" Emma looks down her bangs hiding her eyes. Kandy stands in front of Emma seeing her discomfort "You don't need to worry about that asshole get out of here" Thomas lets out a fake laugh looking at her before backing up slightly. Emma's brown eyes finally meet his "I'll see you around pretty girl?" Blake's hands tighten around his handle bars "No. you.will.not" Thomas continues to smiles as he walks away waving a hand. A tall blonde woman in a ridiculously short dress, high heels and fishnet walks past them into in middle of the room with a megaphone "You wanna race!?" she yells into the megaphone the crowd cheers "I don't know? do you really wanna race!?" the crowd yells louder and the girl claps her hands grinning "Alright motorcycle race starts in 5 minutes all races make your way to the opening of the garage" the crowd yells and people start to make their way to the opening of the garage. Blake starts his bike about to follow before Emma stops him with a hand his arm "If you go I go" he looks into her brown eyes as if searching for something "That's to dangerous Emma" he whispers she tightens her hand on his arm "You.Go.I.Go" Blake looks conflicted looking over at his friends for help. Chris shrugs and Kandy nods as if telling him to go for it "Fine" he holds out a hand to help her up. She grins grabbing onto it tightly climbing onto the back of his bike he blasts the engine moving toward following the crowd to the entrance.