44

I waited till she fell asleep. I couldn't sleep. I was holding in so many emotions. Her breathing got slower.

"Lin?" i whispered her name. She didn't move or anything. I carefully got up making sure not to wake her up. I put blanket more over her so she'd be warm.

I exited the room and went downstairs. The second i saw Bill i ran to him and hugged him. I started crying almost immediately.

He hugged me back really tightly. "Tom it's ok. Everything will be fine. Let's sit down and talk about it." he said and helped be get to the couch.

I tried to speak but I couldn't. I was swallowing my own tears almost choking on them. This was the second time i had this big break down.

As Bill saw me in this situation he got emotional as well. "Tom please i hate to see you like this.." he hugged me again.

"I can't help it Bill. My heart is hurting so much I can't Bill.." I managed to somehow say. "Tom i love you. Tell me what happened. What she said.. please I want to help."

He waited for me to calm down so I could speak. His embrace was something so calming. I loved Bill as much as i loved Lin. They were both my everything.

I'd loose myself if i lost one of them.

"Bill the words she said.." I looked at him. Both of us were crying.

"She said that she loves me but she can't let me love her. Because she doesn't want to hurt me even more that she probably would." it was hard for me to say it. It felt like I couldn't breathe.

"I don't understand Tom.." he said slowly and took my hand. "I said the same thing Bill.. but listen to what she answered me."

"I don't know how long will i stay here. I don't know how long can i handle all the pain. It's draining Tom. I'm so full of mental pain that i have to went it out by hurting myself.." i said as if she said it.

"Bill she showed me her cuts.. they were new and deep.." i cried out having to cover my face. It was too much for me.

Bill was shocked. He just stared at me while tears were falling down his face. "But why?" he managed to say.

"I don't even know. Ever since my mom died my father became abusive and cutting was a way of relief. It makes me satisfied. And my problems would bring a lot of issues to our relationship ship. Please just love someone else."

"This is what she told me Bill. The words shattered my heart." i said burring my head into his chest.

"What did you tell her?" he asked taking down my hat and laying me down into his lap. I could tell he was broken as well but he wanted to calm me down.

"I told her that i need her and i love her. I told her that it's worth trying to make it through and that I'll be here with her. That we can make it together.." i hugged his leg while he scratched my head.

"She said she'll try and that she would let me love her. But it broke me Bill.." i was a lot more calmer by now. "What if i loose her?"

"Don't think like this. Tom the main and most important thing is the love you have for each other. It isn't always pink but sometimes there are harder times. And your love will guide you through it and show you how strong the bond between you two is. You can't let it brake you apart. You need to fight to win. Even tho she is now suffering and you're hurt you have to stand up and save her by giving her the love she needs. You need to fill the empty space in her heart. Do you get it?" he knew what he was saying.

His words burned into my head. He is so right. He always knows what to do and how to help.

"I do. Bill thank you so much. I love you I don't know what I would do without you, really." I snuggled into his lap.

"I'm glad to help you Tom. I love you more." he kissed my head. "Let's watch something to distract ourselves for a while." he reached for the TV remote.

Before turning the TV on he put a pillow under my head and i blanket over us. He's so sweet. I was half asleep. I was so tired from all the crying. Now I understand Lin..

He turned on the TV and put on some movie which I didn't know but i didn't really pay attention to it.

As Bill was scratching my head i got even more tired and fell asleep in his lap.
_______________________

I was just scratching his head looking at the movie but my thoughts couldn't leave my head. I knew she was suffering but i never wanted to force her into telling me.

I never thought it would be this bad. I should've asked her. I shouldn't let it go this far. I'm such a bad best friend. Or can i even call myself that?

Screw that why does life have to be so fucking hard? First Tom and me, and now even her. We didn't do anything bad. Why does it have to be so unfair?

I heard some noise. It was Lin coming downstairs. Her eyes were all red and puffy and her nose was also red and her hair was messy.

"Hey.. you good?" i asked slowly. "I'm better Bill." she hopped on the couch next to me. I couldn't hold it in anymore.

"Lin I'm so sorry for being such a terrible best friend and for not helping you when you needed me." I looked away to hide the fresh tears falling down my face.

"Bill I would tell you but I didn't wanted to hurt your sweet soul. I love you I didn't wanted to hurt you. I never thought that my feelings would grow to the part where I want to end it. I'm sorry Bill.." she cried back.

"Lin nothing of it is your fault. Don't apologize. I'm glad that you opened up I really am. We can't loose you.."

"I know Bill I'll try.." she hugged me from the side since Tom was laying on my lap. "Come here." Tom suddenly said.

She gave me actually happy eyes and I nodded with a smile. Eyes never lie. I was glad Tom makes her happy.

She laid in front of Tom and rested her head on my legs. "I love you both." she said and snuggled into Tom more.

"We love you too Lin." Tom said and i agreed. "I don't know what would i do without you." she breathed out before closing her eyes.

"We don't know either. I was thinking about it and maybe all the pain that we've been through is supposed to make us all stronger and to bond better with each other.." i said my thoughts out loud.

"I think the same Bill." both of them agreed. "Maybe you're right." Tom said getting more comfortable. I loved them.
___________________
Author's note:
Hahuhahihihiho i love it

1232 words