Chapter 230 Exiting the dungeon

Jagret and the rest of the members of Lanny corp run as fast as they could towards the gate of the empire. Behind them was a group of monsters numbering more than one thousand.

"Damn! Why are we so unlucky!?" Ginvi screamed as he moved his feet as fast as possible.

"We need to get close to the gate," Donna said while gripping the katana on her waist.

"I can see it! The gate! We're safe!" Jagret yelled as he saw the gate of the empire ahead of them.

All of them increased their pace as they dashed towards the gate of the Eternal Empire. The city guards of the empire were looking down at the numerous monsters behind them on top of the walls of the empire.

Adventurers were lining up below the walls as they prepared themselves to clash with the monsters along with the city guard of the empire.

When numerous monsters approached the city, the guards would send a warning to the entire city and will quickly prepare themselves to handle the monsters.

The Adventurers Guild will send out a quest to help defeat the monsters to protect the city. They will receive rewards based on their contribution in fighting the monsters.

Jagret, Ginvi, and the rest were just fifty meters away from the gate. The monsters behind them were fifty meters away from them.

The distance was enough so the city guards casted various spells and rained it down on the monsters. Flames, water, lightning, light, etc were raining down on the place behind the Lanny group.

Boom! Boom! Boom!

"Damn!" Ginvi cursed as he used everything he got to run while ignoring the explosions behind him.

When they were twenty meters away from the gate, the Lanny group stopped and turned around.

"It's time to get back to those monsters! We're not at disadvantage anymore!" Ginvi laughed as he faced the monsters behind him. He gathered around mana in his hand and casted a powerful spell.

Jagret, Donna, Charise, Evren, and Finsi also faced the monsters along with the adventurers from the guild.

"Ah! Let's show these monsters to never approach the empire!!"

"Yeah! Let's hunt them down!!"

"Let's see who's going to hunt the most monster?"

...

"Princess... Look at this..." Princess Alea's butler stretched out his hand towards the princess.

Princess and butler came back to the palace after they departed with Souta and the Dark Oculus.

Alea who was wearing a long blue dress looked at her butler's hand. In the butler's hand was a newspaper. She took it and asked, "What's in the news?"

If this was not important then she would ignore it. The Eternal Empire was trying to defend its walls from the monster so she didn't have time for useless things.

"Look in the news at the back." The butler said in a polite tone.

"Hmm..." Princess Alea stared at her butler's eyes before she opened the newspaper and read the news written in it. There was an article in the newspaper about Souta and it caught her attention.

"Souta... The leader of the dark force...?"

She silently read the article and found that Souta was a man who drank two monster potions to save his classmates from an evil organization.

"What do you think, princess? Is the Souta on the news the same Souta that we met?" The butler asked with uncertainty in his eyes. There's no picture of Souta in the news so he wasn't sure if that Souta was the same.