Chapter 279 - Journey of Despair: Start of Show

"Hello, what's wrong, Lumilia?" Souta took out the transmission talisman as he felt that Lumilia was trying to call him.

"Souta, what's your chance if you're going to fight those B-ranks?" Lumilia asked him.

"Hmm...? Fifty, no, forty percent," Souta replied to her while looking at the thick smoke and flames in front of him. The five-story building was gone. It became a ruin in just a few seconds.

The explosion was so powerful that it instantly shattered the barrier around the building. It was simply devastating. Even the B-rank inside the building couldn't predict that the power of this explosion was so high.

As expected of Nuke Yuko.

"Then, you have to leave that place and rendezvous with Jeanne and her group," Lumilia said.

"Why?" Souta asked her as a strong wind blew and it cleared the smoke and dust in the surrounding area. He could see the adventurers lying on the ground full of blood.

"I'm the strategist so you should follow my instruction. If you're not fifty percent sure if you could defeat those B-ranks then it's better that you pull back. I'm not going to send you to fight a battle where's your chances of losing are high." Lumilia said in a loud voice.

"I'm saying if I'm fighting alone. You see, Lynn is here and also my partner Yuko just arrived here and brought terror. What an amazing scene!" Souta said to her as he glanced at Lynn then at the direction of the building.

A figure of a bear was slowly standing in the middle of the ruined building. Its eyes flashed before it looked in the sky and roared powerfully.

ROAAAAAR!!

The roar shook the entire area and it swept the flames and dust like a gust of wind. The mana of the bear spread out before it shrunk back coating Yuko's body.

"I've got to say that our chances in winning this battle are higher than you imagine," Souta said in a low voice as he squinted his eyes while staring at Yuko's figure.

The structures behind him trembled strongly and crack formed in the glasses inside any structures. Some of the glasses were shattered because of Yuko's powerful roar.

"Fine... I'll leave it to you. Report to me once you're done." Lumilia sighed.

"Thanks," Souta said before he cut the connection. He placed the talisman inside his pocket and said, "Lynn, heightened your senses. We're going to finish this one before the others arrived."

"O-Oooh!" Lynn nodded at him before she took a deep breath. She was going to do her best to support Souta and Yuko.

Grrr!!

Yuko felt her body was numbing. The impact of that fall was so hard for her. She was lucky that she had a tough body so she endured that powerful impact.

She noticed some movements in the rubble in front of her. A figure of a woman with bob-cut brown hair rose from the fragments of rocks.

Cough!

The woman coughed heavily as blood flow out of her mouth. She then noticed something. She moved her eyes and saw a huge bear standing in front of her.

"What!?"

The woman quickly took a distance away from the bear while aiming her palm at it.

"[Water Bullet]!!"

Several small concentrations of water shot through the air. The bullets landed on Yuko's body creating a loud sound but it didn't do much damage to her. Her natural defense simply deflected most of the bullets.