Chapter 321 - Trail

"I-I couldn't... protect Cluster... I lose my shield..."

Brando said in a shaky tone while covering his eyes with his hand.

"I lose my faith... How can a protect someone if he loses his shield?"

He was down and he didn't have the same determination that he had before. His opponent just played with him while he was taking the fight seriously. The will that he had was gone after suffering a humiliating defeat.

He was ashamed to show his face in front of his leader.

"You should rest and recover your strength. As your leader, I will take Cluster back with us." Souta said solemnly. He then turned around and started to walk away.

...

Outside the room, he saw Alice, Lynn, and Yujin waiting for him.

"Lynn, are you fine?" Souta asked when he saw Lynn.

She fainted when he arrived so she shouldn't walk here in this place. She should just lie down and take proper rest.

He didn't want to push herself that much. She awakened a powerful ability and that was enough for him. She could just leave everything to him.

"Yes, I'm already fine." Lynn nodded as she lowered her head not daring to look into his eyes.

Souta was about to say something when Alice interrupted him.

"She decided to follow you. You can't change her decision." Alice said while looking at him.

"And you'll follow me too," Souta said to her.

"Yeah, we've decided that we can't leave you alone to take back Cluster." Alice nodded at his words.

"Do you think that I can't rescue Cluster from those people?" Souta asked.

"Nope, we trust our leader's strength but we decided to help you. If you have our strength, it would lessen your burden."

This time, it was Yujin who said those things.

"I will help you to the utmost of my ability," Lynn added.

".....you people are really" Souta sighed and he massaged the bridge of his nose. He raised his head and looked at them before he said, "Fine, I understand. I'll command the three of you to lend me your strength."

Lynn, Alice, and Yujin smiled when they heard his words.

"We'll obey the leader's order!!"

...

The group first took the mana fruits that were buried in the legion building. The fruits were emitting mana so Lynn could easily sense its position. They quickly finished taking all the mana fruits in just a few minutes.

There's no problem that arose. It was easy and they even brought back some of the potions.

Souta didn't have a plan to wake Yuko. He wanted her to rest and recover her energy. He will only summon her after he found the hideout of the people that took Cl.u.s.ter away.

So when Yujin asked if he was going to bring Yuko, he replied by saying that he will just summon her.

"Another nuke...?" Lynn asked carefully as she recalled the scene when Souta summoned Yuko in the sky to destroy the building of their opponent in the legion war.

Souta smiled at her and said, "Well, yeah."

Alice and Yujin looked at them with a confused expression. They didn't understand what Souta and Lynn were talking about.