Chapter 280 - Journey of Despair: [Shadow Bind]

Lynn slumped on the ground after casting several barrier spells. She drained her mana by casting these powerful barriers that could hold a few B-ranks for half an hour.

This was by far the best barrier spell that she casted in her entire life. This was the result of her training.

"Thanks for the hard work." Souta smiled as he gave her some mana potions.

"No, I'm glad that I could help you." Lynn shook her head.

"Stay here and continue to pour your mana in barrier spells. Yuko and I will handle the rest." Souta said to her.

"I'll do my best," Lynn said to him with determination in her eyes.

'It's too early for you to see what will happen next.' Souta thought as he walked beside Yuko.

'You're being considerate to her feelings. It's a good improvement.' Saya said to him.

He doesn't want to show Lynn what will he do to the people inside the barrier. She had to take it step by step if she wanted to get used to brutal scene. Her mind wouldn't be able to handle it if she skips a step.

He knew how kind Lynn is so if she suddenly saw a brutal scene much less if he was the one who did it.

Then...

She will be traumatized and Souta doesn't want that to happen. That's why he's keeping her away from the meantime.

His opponents have several B-rank in their forces so he didn't want to fight them in a head-on battle. They will undoubtedly lose unless Yuko used her blessings. That's why Souta had to get tricky to defeat those B-ranks.

Well, he already had a plan in his mind.

Souta and Yuko entered the barrier and Lynn closed it after they've gone inside.

...

The shielder and his comrades were looking around with a wary expression. The thick black mist was blocking their vision so it was hard for them to make a move in this situation. They didn't even know the abilities and skills of their opponents.

"This mist decreases our strength and senses..." The mage opened his eyes widely as he realized the effect of the mist.

He waved the wand in his hand and casted wind magic to blow the black mist.

Swoosh!!

The wind blew the black mist but it was futile. The black mist still covered them after a few seconds. No matter how much he used wind magic, the black mist will appear again and again as long as they were inside the range of the spell.

[Dark Cloud Hunting] was a spell that could enhance the caster's ability and decrease the opponent's ability at the same time. It was a powerful spell of Souta that he unlocked after promoting his class to Battle Mage.

"It's useless to blow the black mist." The mage said while gritting his teeth. He then waved his hands and casted buff spells to his comrades.

"Leader, the one who attacked me is the commander of the Dark Oculus Legion." The woman named Ramie said to the shielder. Her expression was bad but she could now handle herself compared to when they found her.

"That man! So he decided to move..." The shielder was surprised at first but he understood that no one could easily defeat a B-rank except for the founder of the Dark Oculus Legion.

He understood it himself that the newly established legion didn't have that much manpower so Souta needed to make a move himself to decrease the burdens of his subordinate.