Chapter 379 - Duchess

Right now, a lot of people were gathering in front of the palace of the Gyunar Republic. They had an important announcement today. A Master-class Knight will join the ranks of the upper-echelons and she will be promoted to the rank of duchess today.

A Master-class Knight was worth celebrating as it entirely increased the military might of a country.

Countless people were talking about the new Master-class. They wanted to see her appearance and they couldn't wait for her to appear.

"I heard that she's beautiful like a goddess."

"Yes, I heard that too."

"She's strong too. She's the fifth Master-class Knight of our country. I wanted to know what will happen next."

"Yes, the Condifan Empire got destroyed the other day so we're lucky to have another Master-class Knight at our side."

The entire plaza was filled with their voices and people with ranks were situated in front of it. Common people and nobles were separated by a group of guards that were guarding the place.

After a while, the president of the republic stepped forward. He said a lot of things about the country and its forces. He also talked about the fall of the Condifan Empire. It took half an hour before he finished his speech.

'I got bored listening to him.' Alice said inwardly while looking at the president from the palace.

"Now, let's call the person who will be promoted today. Let's welcome Lady Alice Fambell with a round of applause." The president said with a smile as he looked inside the palace.

'Now, he's acting like a host.' Alice thought as she stepped forward. She pulled the curtain to the side with her hands before she stepped out and revealed herself to the public.

She saw countless people were looking at her. She didn't think much about it as she was used to it.

The people saw a beautiful girl with long silky silver color hair that drapes down on her back. She had white skin and golden color eyes with red hue around it. She wasn't wearing a dress. Instead, she was wearing a simple black tight pants and a black coat with a white shirt inside. There's a small blue cloak on her upper body. This was the cloak from the Ladro Institute.

There's a pair of swords hanging on her waist. This wasn't her weapon but just a spare one. Various accessories were on her wrists, fingers, neck, and ears. Everyone didn't have an idea that all of these were artifacts that could increase her strength to a certain degree.

"Is that the new Master-class Knight?"

"She's so beautiful...!"

"I can't believe someone like her existed."

Even the other nobles were shocked at her beauty. A female fatale would only work in this kind of world but in Imperium where strength matters the most, it wouldn't work. Although there were people who like beauty over strength, still most of the people in Imperium prefers a strong one or someone of the same status.

The president smiled and said, "This will be your crest from now on. I will not give you another name. Instead, I will have your name Fambell as the name of your household." He then opened a box and took a small badge inside it. The badge was the crest of Alice's household as a duchess.

Alice received the badge in two hands and she slightly bowed towards the president as a sign of respect. After all, he was the leader of this country.

After that, Gyun's party entered the stage and the president recognized them as Alice's retainer. They will be part of her household. Looking at this, a lot of knights and aspiring knights wanted to join her household. They wanted to know her requirements but this was not the right time to ask about it.