Chapter 250 - Dark Light of Eternal Dungeon: White Jade Spider

Brando was glad that Souta would let him used the defense enhancing potion that they've got from the last room. He wasn't sure if he could tank the attacks of a third evolution monster.

He wasn't the only tank of the group. The Lanny group also had a tank named Finsi. Finsi was a powerful shielder and had a lot of experience in fighting monsters.

The two of them would take the frontline and protect everyone from the third evolution monster's attack. It was their job as shielder of the party.

'If only I'm a pure-blood demi-human then...' Brando thought as he glanced at his greenish palm.

His mother was a human and his father was a pure-blood turtle man. Because of that, he didn't inherit the natural talent of the turtle man. The ability to deploy a powerful shield, the [Hardmode Shell Protection]. The innate ability of the turtle demi.

If the Paraponera demi(ant demi) boasted their natural brute prowess, the turtle demi like Brando boasted their ability to block powerful attacks.

'Well, I just need to work as hard as I can to improve myself and one day I will show that everyone that I can protect someone too.' Brando smiled as he lifted his head and looked at the ceiling. He was fortunate that he got to know Souta and others in the institute.

...

After one hour, Souta stood and patted his clothes. He looked at everyone and said, "We'll raid the boss room so prepare yourself. We'll follow Lumilia's command and there's no exception to that. Do you understand me, Bryan?"

"Ah, eh... Yeah." Bryan was surprised when Souta mentioned him. He scratched his cheek as he nodded at Souta with a wry smile on his face.

Well, it's natural if they consider his personality to rush at the monster on sight. Souta could tolerate it if they were fighting second evolution monster as Bryan could fight ten or dozens of those monsters at the same time but this time was different... They were going to fight a third evolution monster.

The mages checked their pocket to see if they have mana potions while the shielders checked if they have health potions.

After finding that everything was ready, the group stood in front of the huge metallic door with blue veins on its surface. Blue veins were thumping like blood vessels.

Souta and others wouldn't be able to destroy this metallic door with their current strength. This door was strengthened by the dense mana and best feram of the third evolution monsters that were living in this dungeon. After a hundred years or more, the stones and rocks in this place would become rare materials that needed to forge orange and red grade equipments due to its exposure to the dense energy in the atmosphere.

"Let's do it."

Everyone placed their palm on the surface of the door and pushed it. The door made a metallic sound and it slowly opened. It revealed a huge and wide room. The room was covered in thick webs. Five meters above the ground was a six-meter white spider with a black color gem on its back. Its eight long legs were as sharp as a sword and its eight red eyes were gleaming in the dark.

It was a third evolution monster called White Jade Spider.

Souta was familiar with this monster. He saw this type of monster in Raeshka's third evolution force and he subjugated hundreds of these monsters when this world was still a game.

Powerful pressure was gushing out of the spider's body. The pressure made everyone gulped in nervous except for Bryan who was looking at it with excitement in his eyes.

When Souta saw the eagerness in his eyes, he called Bryan. "Bryan, listen to Lumilia's words."

"Ah, I know..." Bryan snapped out his thoughts as he nodded at Souta. He took a deep breath to calm his nerves.