Chapter 307 - Collapse of the Ladros City: Dark Emperor

The ground shook heavily as cracks spread out and it separated the third-year area.

Boom!

Slowly, the entire ground started to float while the magic circle was shining brightly. Waves of mana were sweeping out of the whole city like a heartbeat.

Thud! Thud!

Yanagi, Mia, Rein, and the other people in the institute stopped fighting as they turned their heads and saw a shocking scene.

An entire place moving upwards was absolutely stunning. It was like a floating fortress of the angel race. Thick and gigantic chains could be seen beneath the fortress and it was connected to something deep underground.

Dense energy was coating the gigantic chains. This energy could be seen by the naked eye. The power within it was so drastic that sparks made of mana flew out of it every second.

The forces of Ladros City and the Seven Deadly Sins were shocked. None of them didn't plan this kind of development.

"Ufufu, what's happening to my Souta?" Yanagi chuckled as she looked at the third-year area with interest in her eyes.

The entire third-year area flew five hundred meters above the surface as the barrier turned into tiny particles.

"What is happening there...?" Lumilia muttered in a low voice. She immediately regained her senses as she glanced at the expression of the Seven Deadly Sins.

She saw that they were also shocked. It only means that they were not the reason of the floating land above the city. She recalled what Souta said to her before.

"Someone other than the Seven Deadly Sins is here."

She forcefully shook her head and shouted, "Everyone attack. This is our chance to attack while our enemies are distracted."

She wanted to know what's going on but her priority was pushing back the enemies. She could only hope that Souta was safe.

...

A person wearing a normal white shirt and black pants was looking at the floating land with an amused expression.

He had short black messy hair and a pair of thick glasses.

"I came here when I heard that the Seven Deadly Sins were going to attack this city but I didn't expect this development."

He muttered as he adjusted his glasses and observed the gigantic chains which were connected to the floating land and the place beneath the pit.

"Even I didn't know such thing was sleeping beneath this place. It seems that it came from the era before this current one. One thousand years ago... maybe much more distant than that one."

He combed his hair behind his head and grinned. One could see a lion tattoo on the back of his palm. It was the symbol of Leo, one of the zodiac signs.

"I'll look closer to it. The Zodiacs will appear once again and everyone will know our name.”

"Everything is for my dream... I will make it true no matter what."

...

A man with blonde hair came out of the underground of arena. He looked at the floating land with a serious expression on his face.

He, a six-circle officer of the Seven Deadly Sins didn't know what's happening. Their plan was just to destroy this city but this floating land was giving him a dangerous feeling.

"Someone is moving behind our backs."

He muttered as a smile formed on his face. If he didn't have an important mission, he would go there and try to find who dared to disrupt their plan.