Chapter 381 - Vs. Ten Thousand

"Here they are."

Souta, Lydia, Isabella, and Yuko were on the top of the walls looking at the figures coming out of the woods.

Figures that were wearing black armor that covered their entire body came out of the woods. Their numbers reached ten thousand and for the Riverpool City, this army was their doom. The strength and numbers surpassed everything that they could offer.

The figures looked the same with their black armor. It felt like they were an army from hell.

"This is just a part of the entire army that arrived in this world," Lydia said to Souta while looking at the enemies with a grave expression.

"It's fine," Souta said as he was quite excited to harvest the soul of these people. He hasn't harvested a large amount of souls for a long time ever since he came to this world.

"They are nervous..." Isabella said while looking at the city.

Right now, all the civilians left the city. Only the soldiers and volunteers were left here to buy some time for them.

The city gate was closed. Yes, it's closed. They entirely shut down the whole city like a turtle hiding in its shell. They placed traps outside the walls to defeat some of the enemies but they doubted that their traps could even eliminate some of the invaders.

The soldiers were all quiet staying inside the city while holding their weapons. Comparing the soldiers of the enemy and the soldiers of the Riverpool City, Souta could see that the enemy really had an advantage. Simply by looking at their equipment one could see that the enemy already has the upper hands.

Souta glanced at the city lord and said, "We're going to attack now. Just prepare yourself for the worse."

"Thank you..." Dino didn't have anything to say except for thanking him. He was really glad and grateful for Souta that he help the city. He wouldn't forget this in his entire life.

Souta then glanced at Lydia and asked, "Are you going to fight, too?"

"Nope, I won't show myself this time. It's not the time for them to know that I'm in this world." Lydia shook her head. She then added, "I'm a wanted person so if they knew that I'm here, the forces that appeared in this world will increase."

"Okay, it means more enemies," Souta said as a smile appeared on his face as he grabbed Lydia's armor and jumped in the air.

'More enemies means more souls. A harvest of souls without worrying about god-level finding about it.'

He pulled his hand and threw Lydia near the army of the Great Astley Empire.

"W-Wait! W-WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" Lydia shouted as she flew towards the army. She didn't know what Souta was thinking throwing her at the enemies.

Bang!

She crashed on the ground near the enemies causing the smoke and dust to shot up in the air.

Thud!

Souta landed on the ground as he looked at the enemies with a wide grin on his face. He slowly pulled out the vajra sword and coated it with his mana.

The captain of the army narrowed his brows as he saw two figures. One crashed on the ground and was covered in smoke while the other one was looking at them with a wide grin.

"Is this person had a death wish? Confronting us alone with our numbers. Really, people from this world are ignorant about how things work."

The captain mumbled to himself. He then glanced at his subordinates and said, "Quickly kill that man and invade the city."