Chapter 260 - Fireworks

[Dark Cloud Hunting] was a spell Souta didn't use when he was fighting the White Jade Spider because Lumilia and the rest were going to experience the debuff of this spell as well. He didn't want to decrease their fighting power by using this so he chose to not use this spell.

The caster was the only one immune to this spell. Well, Yuko was immune to it as the spell recognize her as a caster because of her connection with Souta.

The black mist spread around and blocked the audience's vision. They didn't have any idea what's happening on the stage.

Souta squinted his eyes as he looked at the giant lion. "I should finish this as soon as possible. Let me use it for a moment, Saya." He said as the black tentacles shoot towards the lion.

The lion moved its body left and right as it avoided the black tentacles. It was fast but after one minute, the black tentacles managed to grab the lion's feet.

The lion was about to smash the tentacles with its paw but it found the dozens of black tentacles were already around him. All the escape paths were blocked so it didn't have a choice but to fight.

Swoosh! Swoosh! Swoosh!

The black tentacles wrapped the body of the giant lion. It couldn't do anything against it.

Souta looked at the giant lion with a cold look while pointing his sword at it. He slightly bent his knees and gathered a large amount of his mana in his sword.

'How about training your sword skills here?' Saya suggested.

"No, I don't need to train here. It will only waste my time." Souta said before he charged towards the giant lion.

Boom!

The lion only saw a red flash before several lines appeared on its body.

Swoosh!

Souta was already behind the giant lion placing back the vajra sword in its sheath. He glanced back and saw the giant lion crumbled down. The black mist and the rest of Souta's spell disappeared.

The audience saw Souta standing at the center of the stage behind him was the chopped body of the giant lion. Everyone turned silent seeing this scene. They didn't think that Souta would decapitate the giant lion in that short amount of time.

'Do you think that they sense it?' Saya asked him.

"Nope, I tried my best to contain my power so only A-rank and above would be able to sense it," Souta replied to her while looking around the arena.

When Souta arrived in front of the giant, he activated [Possession] and [Soul Blood Mode] skill to maximize his damage before canceling it once again after destroying the giant lion. Without the help of his equipment, he wouldn't be able to finish this lion so fast.

Souta smiled and strode towards the man.

The man smiled and congratulates him. "Congratulations, from now on you're a B-rank adventurer. That's an amazing performance."

"Yeah, thanks." Souta thanked the man.

The man was stunned at his performance. He didn't think that Souta would fail this exam. He just thought that it would take a while before Souta defeat the giant lion but no one thought that it would become a one-sided fight.

"Right? Your adventurer's ID is in the reception. You can take it as we already changed the information in it." The man said to him.

"Oh? Thanks." Souta said. He bid farewell to the man before he left.

At the corner of the arena hiding among the adventurers, Alea was standing while looking at Souta's back.

After Souta left, she opened her mouth and said, "What do you think?"