Chapter 359 - Awakening in sub-world

Hmm...?

Souta slowly opened his eyes. He held his head as he felt dizzy.

"You're awake."

He turned his head and saw that it was Alice. He then moved his eyes and saw that Yuko was sleeping beside her.

It seems that the three of them lose their consciousness after that teleportation spell goes awry.

He didn't have an idea where's this place in the map.

"Yeah, how long I was out?" He pushed himself into a seated position and asked her.

"I just woke up five minutes ago." Alice woke up while looking at her surrounding.

Souta frowned as he stopped moving. He felt the mana density in the atmosphere was too thin. There was no friction in the air as he could freely move his body. Even though he was injured, he still felt light.

"You notice it, right? The mana density here is twenty times lower than the Giza continent." Alice replied as a ball of energy formed on top of her palm.

'Most likely, we're in a sub-world.' Saya's voice sounded in his mind.

There's no place in a great world that has this level of mana density. The density of mana in a sub-world was really low. That's the reason why most of the people in this kind of world were weak. It would require talented individuals to liquefied their mana in this kind of environment.

"Yeah, it's too low," Souta said as he picked a small stone on the ground. He pinched it and it crumbled right away.

Mana was like water in the air. The higher density it has the fewer people could move. But high-density mana could bring a lot of benefits to the world. It could strengthen the body of people and the environment.

Just like the stone that Souta pinched just now. He didn't even put force in his finger but the stone simply turned into tiny fragments.

A normal stone in a great world like Imperium would become a precious stone in this world.

"I think we're in a sub-world," Souta said to Alice as he stood up and slowly spread his mana in the surrounding area. His mana was like a radar. Those who made contact with it, Souta would know it immediately.

He could do this simply because of the low mana in the air. He could easily scatter his mana.

"I felt the same but I couldn't believe that teleportation spell would transport us to another world." Alice nodded at him. She has gone to the sub-world before so she knows what it feels like in a sub-world. Her territory owned thousands of sub-world after all.

"Yeah, we're unlucky. It will be hard to return to Imperium." Souta said as he opened his eyes.

It seems that those second evolution monsters were overlord of this huge forest. Damn! Quite huge for a mere second evolution. If it was in the Imperium, a forest this huge was housing at least a single third evolution monster.

After confirming that there were no threats to them, he sat down and sighed.

"Let's stay here until Yuko woke up."

"Okay, let's do that." Alice nodded at him.

Souta glanced at Yuko as he recalled the battle before. Yuko evolved and became a third evolution monster. She was now a true monster and could communicate to him using the monster language that she learned in her evolution.

Scorching Red Bear was her evolution. It was a bear that could command flames in her body.

She was a two-meter giant bear and her monster orb was external. It was situated on the center of her forehead and her red fur was like a flame. In her combat mode, her fur would emit flames that could burn her enemies into ashes. These flames were powered by her best feram so it was stronger than normal flames made of mana.