Chapter 363 - Mercenaries

"I can't believe that you're a tamer..." A man with short spiky hair said to Souta with a laugh. He was Gyun, the leader of this mercenary group.

Gyun was a tall and huge man. He was an experienced fighter but his power level was low. His overall strength didn't even reach C-rank.

Souta could understand why the power level of this world was too low. A normal second evolution monster was already a monster beyond human capabilities in this world. It means that mercenaries like them could only fight a non-evolved monster.

Ordinary wolves, goblins, slimes, orcs, etc. These non-evolved monsters were already quite fearsome in this world. Back in Imperium, any fighter could easily handle twenty to thirty non-evolved monsters.

But it's not that there's no strong creature in this world. It's just that powerful creatures were very rare just like a dragon. A dragon's level can't be lower than a third evolution. The moment they were born, they already have a monster orb in their bodies.

People who can fight a first evolution monster were already strong in this world.

"Well, it just happens..." Souta shrugged his shoulder.

"Still, it's my first time seeing this type of bear." A man with shoulder-length blonde hair said while looking at Yuko. He's Johnie, the second in command of the team.

"Of course, Yuko is a unique species from Great Tunbra forest. If you've gone deep from that famous forest, then you would see some bear like Yuko." Souta said nonchalantly. He already prepared this excuse in case these people ask him something about Yuko.

"I see... I'm amazed that you could live in that forest full of dangerous monsters." Gyun said.

"At first, you would be afraid and scared but after living there for a few years you would treat that forest as your home," Souta replied to him.

"Then... Alice is living with you in that forest?" A woman with yellow-colored hair that was tied in a ponytail asked while glancing at him and Alice back and forth. Her name was Mae.

Alice didn't join their conversation as she just rode her horse beside Souta. She was a beautiful woman and her demeanor was noble and cold. She looks like she wasn't a person living in the countryside.

"Yes, Alice is living with me in that forest," Souta answered her question. He looked ahead of him and asked, "Can you tell more about Granmr?"

"Granmr...? Granmr is a huge city and it is the capital of the Gyunar Republic. Its population is over five hundred thousand people of different races." Gyun told him.

The whole city of Granmr was heavily guarded by armored knights. The walls were armed with weapons of destruction that could easily kill powerful monsters. There was a time in the past that some countries tried to invade Granmr but ultimately failed in the end. They didn't even manage to get inside the city as all of them were crushed outside the city. At that time, the Gyunar Republic was still not at the top countries of the continent.

They also boasted their skilled warrior and magicians.

Aside from the security, there's a lot of things that people could be found in this city. Magic scrolls, weapons, armors, and all sorts of potions could be found in the market of Granmr.

...

The group decided to camp in the middle of the forest. One person will become a lookout of the group and they will shift with someone every one hour.

Souta was sitting at the corner while letting the heat coming from the fire warm his body. Yuko was resting her head on his lap while he was caressing her.