Chapter 283 - Journey of Despair: How do you feel?

Boom! Boom! Boom!

Several powerful shockwaves swept out the entire area inside the barrier. It was followed by heavy earthquakes that changed the land formation.

If Souta was to describe it, he was going to say that it was violent. Yuko was using her blessing to destroy everything inside the barrier.

To think that she was capable of this much destruction was beyond his comprehension. He didn't expect that she would be able to fully control her blessing without him noticing it.

"Hm?"

Souta noticed that cracks started to appear on the barrier around them. Even Souta would have a hard time breaking this barrier that Lynn prepared for half an hour with every bit of her mana.

Boom! Boom!

After several shockwaves, the cracks spread out in the whole barrier. It was going to break at any moment. The only reason why it could hold was that Lynn was pouring her mana into this barrier.

"That girl..." Souta smiled wryly as he imagined Lynn's face while trying to fix this barrier.

'You're not going to stop, Yuko?' Saya asked him.

"Nope, this is a good chance to settle this problem. I'm pretty confident that I could handle the leftover." Souta shook his head before he forced his attention at Yuko.

'Ufufu, you're fighting them now that you've broken their will and mind. What an evil goblin you are...' Saya said with a laugh.

Boom!

The barrier was shattered into tiny pieces as it couldn't hold the extreme power inside it. The particles dissipated into thin air.

'Yuko, stop using your blessing.' Souta said to her through their contract. Yuko couldn't understand his words but the contract transmitted his intent to her.

Yuko quickly stopped using the power of blessing as soon as Souta's intent was transmitted to her mind. This was to avoid the prying eyes of other people.

The people inside were beaten to a pulp by Yuko. They will not be able to fight anymore. They were physically and mentally exhausted.

"Let me finish what I started..." Souta muttered as he slowly descended on the ground using the power of gravity.

...

"Ah."

Lynn fell on her knees as the barrier that she worked hard to build collapses in front of her eyes.

"I'm sorry, Souta."

She said to herself as she closed her eyes and imagined his disappointed expression. She turned pale just by thinking about it.

Although the barrier collapsed, Souta's spell, the [Dark Cloud Hunting] spell, was still in effect. She wanted to go inside but she held back herself because she remembered Souta said to wait for him in this place.

"Still... I'm very curious about what's happening there. I could feel tremendous energy but that's all." Lynn said to herself.

She will try to increase her mana capacity next time so that the barrier that she'll create would grow stronger.

Hays...

Lynn sighed as she tied her long purple hair into a ponytail.

"I will watch this place in case someone appeared and disturbed Souta's battle." She said to herself as she stood up and patted her clothes. She then drunk mana potions to recover some of her mana.

...

"I'll protect you..." Frankie tightly hugged the mage's body to protect him from getting injured.