|chapter six|

When Bryce pulls up to the gates of my house he smiles at me. "What?" I ask as I lean over his side of the car and put the code in.

"Oh, nothing," he says as the gates open and he drives up the hill. "You know I actually live like 15 minutes from here."

"Really, did your family move into the Henderson home down the street?" He nods his head and parks next to all the cars by our massive fountain. "That house is really gorgeous."

"Why didn't you tell me you were rich?" He says smiling at me.

"Because I never thought it was important to bring up, and the same goes for you," I say smirking at him as I get out the car. He surprises me by getting out the car too.

"I don't like flaunting it," he states walking me to my door. "Same here," I say unlocking my front door. I'm low-key praying for Cayden to be out because I don't feel like explaining this.

"Would you like something to drink," I say walking towards the kitchen. "Sure," he says and I can feel him following me. I open the fridge and get two bottles of Fiji water. My so-called mother always claims that her children need the best.

I hand him the water and he takes it without his eyes never leaving me. Why does he look at me like that? "What time are you planning on getting to the party?" He asks me as he sits down on a bar stool. "Umm, I don't know," I respond leaning over the counter.

He just nods his head. I can tell he wants to ask me something and I wish he would just do it.

"What's wrong Bryce?" I ask walking around the bar closer to him. I see his eyes following my every move and I like it. "I don't know why I can't get a feel for you yet," he responds when I'm standing closer to him. He gets up from his seat and stands in front of me.

"Wh-at do you me-an," I say with a shaky voice because the heat from his skin is making me nervous.

He moves closer to me and there are just a few inches between us. He reaches up and rubs my cheek causing me to lean into his touch. His fingers slowly move down my face and play with my lower lip. I then watch as he slowly moves his lips towards mine. I feel a strong sense of pleasure and anticipation before his lips even touch mine. Just as we are about to kiss I hear, "Lia whose black BMW is outside."

I hear my brother Cayden coming downstairs and I quickly move away from Bryce. I'm pissed about his timing, but he just saved me from making a big mistake. I don't need any distractions this year, I have one plan that I'm going to follow through.

Cayden comes in the kitchen and he immediately turns to Bryce. "Umm, hello," he says shaking Bryce's hand. "I'm Cayden, Cahlia's brother, and you are?" "I'm Bryce, one of Cahlia's classmates, it's nice to meet you." "Is that your car outside?" "Yeah, I was just dropping her off, but I was just about to head out," Bryce says heading towards the door and I follow him. "So, I'll see you at the party if we don't go together?" I nod at him and he smiles before getting in his car. I close the door and then walk back towards the kitchen.

"So, he seems like a good guy," Cayden says leaning on the counter. "He is I respond, but I'm going out tonight and I don't know what time I'll be back." "That's fine, but we are still going to talk about this Bryce guy."

I walk over and grab my backpack off the floor. I head towards the stairs and scream "there is nothing to talk about and the squad is pulling in, so open the door." I can hear him laughing before I close the door to my room.

I stand in my closet trying to decide what to wear when I hear a loud commotion enter my room.

"Did you go down on him," Reid says throwing some stuff on my bed. I come out of my closet and quickly hit him. "Wow, say it louder, I don't think my brother heard you." He mouths I'm sorry while I go and close the door.

"So how was 'lunch'?" Nova asks with air quotes around lunch. "I'm not sure why you added air quotes because it was actual lunch," I say going back into my closet.

"Well whatever, how was it?" Coco asks and I can hear everyone's stuff hit the floor. I slowly come out the closet and look at them, "we almost kissed." My whole room breaks out in "oh my gods" and "no ways". I nod to both answers.

"Why did it not happen?" Reid asks. "Simple answer, Cayden." "Damn," Coco replies. "Well if you end up with Bryce, that will surely get Sabrina back," Nova says. "Bryce said he and Sabrina weren't like that, but, regardless, I like Bryce and I wouldn't use him like that," I say sitting on my bed. "He actually asked me if I wanted to ride to the party with him." "You said, yes right?" Reid asks. "No, because we are going together," I say drawing a circle around us, "and we have stuff to do."

"Girl, your choice, but I would let his ass take me," Reid says going through the clothes he put on my bed. We all laugh and I say, "We know you would."

I take out my phone and text Bryce:

*Hey, I'm just going to ride with my friends, but I'll see you there 😊

It wasn't even a second late until I received a text from Bryce. I look at my phone and it said:

*Cool, I'll see you there and maybe I can drive you home.

I quickly respond:

*We'll see Bryce...

I put my phone down and realize that I should finish my math packet. I open my bookbag and pull out the packet. "Eww, math homework," Coco says and I just nod while finishing up the last few problems.

By the time I finish, it is close to nine o'clock. It took me so long because Reid kept distracting me with outfits, Nova kept distracting me with makeup, and Coco kept distracting me with hairstyles. However, Reid was helpful by picking me out a killer outfit.

I'm wearing this cute white corset with these light-colored jeans. I paired it with these red sandals and heart-shaped purse.

I find it ironic how many hearts I'm going to break tonight

We all head downstairs and I call out to Cayden that I'll be back later. Before I step outside, I am grabbed back into one of his hugs. "Text me when you get there and when you are leaving," he says with a stern look, "and if you do drink, don't put your cup down." I mumble every sentence because he has told me this speech plenty of times. "Ok, Cay I got you." I lean forward and kiss his forehead. I yell out "I love you" as I get into Nova's cute Volkswagen Beetle. This car totally fits her.

As we're driving to Rodrick's house, I can't help but think about Bryce. It's like he is taking over my mind and I don't know how to shake him. Hopefully, tonight will be a good night because I need it. 

*Dedication* I have to dedicate this part to one of my favorite writes on Wattpad. Isabelle Ronin is the author of "Chasing Red" and it was so lovely. The way she writes the characters and works through the plot will constantly have your attention. If you haven't read "Chasing Red" yet I suggest you do.