|chapter twenty-four|

I wake up in the middle of the night to a faint sound coming from Tyler's bathroom. I reach over and notice his presence is not next to me anymore. I wipe my eyes and look towards the stream of light coming from under the bathroom door. When the door opens I see Tyler come out, taking off his sweatshirt and turning off the bathroom light.

"Hey, are you ok?" My voice is very groggy and low. "Yep, I didn't mean to wake you." He takes off his sweatpants after throwing his sweatshirt on the floor. I move over for him to slide next to me. Once he gets in, he wraps his body around mine.

"Where did you go?" I move my body to snuggle closer to his chest. Tyler kisses the back of my head while rubbing my hair. "I just went for a quick run." I nod my head satisfied with his answer and wanting to go back to sleep. I hum "ok" as my eyes begin to swoop down.

"Goodnight, Lia," is the last thing I hear Tyler say before I doze off to sleep.

❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂

"Time to get up babe." I hear a faint voice in my ear, but I decide to ignore it. "Nah, I'm good," I say turning over to my side. The next thing I know, I am laughing from the tickles that I feel on my stomach. "Ok, ok! I'm up!" I am out of breath from tossing and turning trying to fight Tyler's hands.

"Great, I'll let you shower first," he says kissing my forehead. "Ugh, can't we skip. I don't want to go today." I get off the bed and feel the cold air hit my uncovered legs under Tyler's T-shirt. "And why is it so cold in your room?" I grab Tyler's sweats off the floor and put them on.

"I would skip, but I have a biology test today. Also, I like it cold," he says standing up and kissing me on the lips. "Now go shower so I can go after you. Unless you want me to join?" He raises his eyebrows waiting for my answer. I gladly give it to him by softly pushing him away and running into the bathroom. I hear his soft laugh after closing the door.

I start the shower and wait for the water to get hot. I decide to brush my teeth using his toothbrush because why the hell not. I jump in the shower quickly and wash with the only body wash in it. After I get out, I decide to put on my same undergarments because I have no other option. I grab a towel hanging up and wrap it around me.

When I open the bathroom door, I see Tyler's perfectly built body in nothing but a towel. Damn. I want him right now. "I used my parents' shower," he says bringing me out of my trans. "Was I taking too long for the prince?" I do a mock bow and smile at him. He does the same thing and says, "of course not, princess."

I lightly chuckle at his response while walking towards his bed. "Would you happen to have any clothes—I." Before I even finish my sentence, Tyler hands me a stack of clean sweatpants and a sweatshirt. They smell like Gain and I instantly fall in love. "Thank you," I say getting up to go change in the bathroom.

Once I come out, Tyler is dressed in jeans, a black shirt, and black/white vans. His clothes are a little big on me, but not too much. He wraps his arms around my waist once I get closer to him. "I like you in my clothes," he says moving down to kiss me. My lips are quick to respond, and the simple kiss turns into a full-on makeout session.

The kiss is interrupted when Tyler's phone starts ringing. He presses his lips against my forehead before going to retrieve his phone. I start putting my clothes and stuff in my bookbag. "Yeah, I got her. We are about to leave." I stand up, putting on my hat looking at Tyler.

I wonder who he is talking too. And why does it matter that we are together?

I put on my bookbag and grab my phone off the nightstand. I haven't gotten any text, which is slightly shocking. "Ok, see you in the parking lot," Tyler says before hanging up the phone. He can tell from my confused expression that I want to know who he was talking to. "It's just Bryce."