|chapter forty-three|

"Why are you here?" I asked putting on my shoes and purse Nova grabbed off the floor. "Because Nova called me and told me she was worried about you," Tyler says holding me up while I put my shoes on. "Well, I'm fine. You can go." I start walking away from the house and down the sidewalk.

I'm slightly irritated that Nova told Tyler about my drinking. However, I am going to act like it doesn't bother me. "Lia, your riding with me." Tyler comes up behind me and grabs my hand. "I don't need to ride with you. I'm fine."

It is taking everything for me not to cry. At this point, I'm tired of crying and just trying to have a good time. 

"Does anyone want to go to a club?" I asked taking my hand from Tyler's. All my friends shake their head "no" and it slightly irritates me more. "Lia, you aren't going to a club. We are going home." Tyler grabs my hand again, but this time my anger is still getting the best of me.

"Oh, home. Tyler, I don't have a fucking home, so just take me to the club." I'm probably taking my anger out on Tyler, but I honestly can't help it. 

"Just get in the damn car, Lia." His commanding voice is not turning me on right now. It's doing the opposite. "Stop commanding me to do stuff. I'm not your damn dog." My loud voice catches the attention of all my friends.

"Cahlia, just get in the car with Tyler. We know you are drunk, but please just get in the car so we can go home." I sweetly flip Reid off before getting into Tyler's car. He holds the door out for me and slams it after I get in. He runs to talk to my friends in the car behind us. I pull my phone out of my purse and look at all my missed calls. I have ten from Tyler and twenty from Cayden. I pull up my text message to reply to Cayden.

🌼 Me🌼: Cayden, please fuck off. Thanks. 🖕

I turn off my phone not wanting to hear a response from him. Tyler eventually comes back to the car and I buckle my seatbelt. "Lia, alcohol isn't the answer to everything." I roll my eyes as Tyler stars driving the car. "I know. This is the last time. I wasn't expecting to get into a fight. I was just having fun because my day has been shitty." I turn to watch the window. The darkness outside represents how I'm feeling inside.

"Yeah, dancing with another guy seemed fun." Tyler sarcastically scoffs. "Are you serious?" I say turning to look at him. "That's the only thing you got out of that sentence. I wasn't even dancing with him. Everyone was dancing with everyone because the floor was so damn packed. Regardless, nothing would have happened because I'm with you."

I can tell Tyler senses the irritation in my voice and I know an argument is about to come.

"That's the exact reason why you shouldn't have been dancing with him. I'm your boyfriend for God's sake and I don't want another guy having his hands on you. I can have a problem with that. How would you feel if I danced with another girl?" Tyler isn't screaming, but the sound of his voice has gone up a few notches.

"Oh, you did actually. In the middle of us having a serious conversation." I turn my head back to the window hoping he will just drop it. 

"Damn Lia, when are you going to let the Rebecca situation go?" This time, he is full on yelling. "I have let it go, but don't sit there and act like you haven't done the same thing." I don't even bother turning around because I am on the edge of having a breakdown.

"Yeah, but I didn't kiss her, did I?" Not this shit again. 

I turn around and look at Tyler. "Honestly, can we both just shut the hell up." I reach over and turn the music up. "Thanks," I said before turning back to the window. The music drowns out my soft cries. It seems like both Tyler and I still think about the past.

The thought of us never getting over it makes me cry a little harder.

❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂

I wipe my eyes due to a hint of light. When I slightly open them, Tyler is carrying me up the stairs in his house. He opens his bedroom door with ease and sets my shoes down by the door. He shuts the door with his foot before placing me gently down on the bed. I sit up after I hear Tyler close his bathroom door.

I play tonight's events over in my head. When I look at my bruised knuckles, I realize how bad I beat that girl up. I didn't like her calling me a slut or a bitch, but I don't think I would have fought her on any other day. She just messed with me on the wrong night. I graze my finger over the scrapes on my hand and they sting from me touching them.

"Your up," Tyler says walking out of the bathroom. I look up at him then back down at my hands. He goes into his closet. When he steps out, he is wearing a white t-shirt and boxers. He is also carrying a shirt, which I assume is for me. He bends down in front of me and takes my hands in his.

"Damn, your knuckles look worst than mine when I fought Mike." His soft laugh makes me laugh a little. "I finally got you to laugh." Tyler uses one of his hands to gently raise my face up. 

"I'm sorry about what I said in the car. You will get through this Lia because I will be there to support you every step of the way. You may think you're in this alone, but that is far from the truth. You not only have my family, but you also have your friends. I just care about you so much that it hurts me to see you like this. Drinking is not the answer to everything. You can also talk to me or whoever. I love you too much to sit back and watch you go down a dark path."

Tyler gently wipes away the tears that fell during his speech. "I'm sorry too for what I said. I just lost it after walking into my house seeing everything gone. And then Cayden said some harsh things to me. I just didn't know what to do." I lean into his hand and take in the warmth it sends me. 

"We will figure it out, together. However, I can tell you are extremely tired, but we can discuss different solutions tomorrow. Right now, let's get you to bed." I nod my head as Tyler stands back up.

He reaches his hands under my shirt and takes it off with ease. I reach behind my back and unclasp my bra. Tyler takes my bra and sits it on top of my shirt. He grabs the shirt he took out of the closet and slips it over my head. I take a whiff of the fabric in and it smells just like him.

"Do I smell that good?" Tyler asks giving me a smug smile. "I don't know, but it somehow makes me feel safe." I stand up in front of Tyler and begin to unlace my skirt. As I'm trying to take it off, Tyler tenderly grabs my face and presses his lips to mine. 

This kiss is entirely different from our other ones. It seems as if we've been deprived of each other and grows intense in a matter of seconds.

My hands stop messing with my skirt and wrap around Tyler's shoulders. I play with the back of his hair as I open my mouth accepting his tongue with mine. I feel my body being pushed back on top of the bed. I lay down without breaking the kiss. Tyler leans above me with his hand sliding up my thigh.

"Damn Lia," Tyler moans against my lips and I know exactly what he is feeling. As he hardens against me, I can feel myself growing wetter. I want Tyler and I want him now.

"Tyler, do you have protection?"

🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘    

Lia is ready for the full experience. However, is Tyler? Let me know what you think will happen next.

Please make sure to VOTE and COMMENT on this story if you liked it. Please, please SHARE this book with your friends, I would greatly appreciate it. I also want to thank you guys for reading my work. We reached 2.9K reads within one day!! Our next goal is 3K reads by January! I know we can do it because the Comeback Squad is simply amazing and dedicated! I absolutely love you all and please keep reading!!!!