|chapter fifty-four|

"Ugh, I change my mind. I don't want the dinner." I critique my outfit in my full-body mirror behind the door. "Babe, you look gorgeous." Tyler gets off the bed and wraps his arms around me, from the behind. I'm wearing my long mauve pink skirt with my thick beige shirt. I have my grey heeled sandals to match.

"I just don't want all the attention on me

"I just don't want all the attention on me. You know I hate attention on me." Tyler softly laughs and gives me a confused look. "Since when because I remember my girlfriend slapping Sabrina in the middle of a busy lunch period." I turn around and look at Tyler. "That is true, but she had it coming," I say playing with both of his hands. "True, but you have nothing to be nervous about. It's just going to be our friends and my parents," he says moving a string of hair behind my ear.

"I know that. I'm just being difficult. However, can we have a real quickie to calm my nerves?" I look up at him, biting my bottom lip. Tyler pulls me towards the bed with his arms. He pushes me down. I start raising my skirt, while he unbuckles his pants. "Babe, you have to try and be quiet," Tyler says leaning down to kiss me.

"Excuse me, you are louder than me sometimes," I said and he laughs before guiding himself inside me. I place my hand over my mouth and my other over Tyler's.

❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂

Tyler and I walk downstairs hand in hand. I feel a lot better since Tyler calmed my nerves. When we walk in the dining room, I quickly find out that this isn't a small dinner. The dining table has been replaced by a longer one. There are balloons and streamers everywhere.

"This isn't little," I pull Tyler down and whisper in his ear. He has a sneaky smile on his face and I know he is up to something. "Tyler, what do you know?" He just shakes his head "no" but I know he is lying. Before I can call his bullshit, all these people jump out saying "surprise!"

I have to catch myself from cursing. Tyler wraps his arm around my waist, holding me steady. "Oh my gosh! What is all this?" I walk further into the room and Mrs. Williams comes forward to give me a hug. "Sweetie, we just wanted to show you that we appreciate you. You will forever be part of this family."

My eyes began to water and I wipe the few tears that fall. I smile when I see Nova, Reid, and Coco. "Everyone please go mingle in the living room while we set up the dinner table," Mrs. Williams says. My friends grab me out of Tyler's grip and pull me towards the living room.

"Umm, did we miss your engagement this weekend?" Coco asks lifting up my hand with Tyler's ring on it. "Of course not," I say looking at my ring. "Tyler gave me this promise ring as a gift." All my friends circle around to look at the ring. "Holy shit. Those are real diamonds, Lia. He had to have spent close to a thousand dollars," Reid says pulling my hand up closer to his eye.

"I can't believe I'm here celebrating you." We turn around to see Sabrina walking into the living room. "No one asked you to be here," Nova says, rolling her eyes. "Nova, she's just upset because she was Bryce's plus one." We all start laughing at the look on Sabrina's face.

She is about to say something else, but Bryce and the boys walk in. "By the way guys, me and Drew are official. It happened over break." We smile at Nova before engulfing her in a hug. "Aww, I'm so happy for you Nova," I say once we separate.

"So much shit has happened, Lia. I'm starting to get serious with this guy," Reid swiftly says. "Wait, do I know this guy?" I asked. "Sort of, Nova and Coco know about him, but they haven't met him yet." We all nod our heads before joining the guys on the couch.

I go to sit down next to Tyler, but he ends up pulling me onto his lap. "That was such a bullshit practice," Parker says. "What did you guys even do?" Nova goes to sit on Drew's lap and I quietly "aww" to myself. "Dumb drills. He had me throw and Tyler ran most of the time," Bryce says. I notice that Sabrina is sitting next to him instead of on his lap. I am totally smiling on the inside.

"Ughh, let's stop talking about football." Sabrina gets up from the couch and stands in front of us. I promised Bryce that I would try to be nice to her. However, that promise only lasts if she doesn't try me. "Let's play never have I ever." Her eyes directly hit my eyes and she has a sneaky smile on her face. "We don't have to play, babe," Tyler whispers in my ear. I shake my head 'no', standing up off his lap. "Let's go then," I say giving her the same smile she gave me.

We all gather around in a circle on the floor holding up five fingers. Sabrina says she will start since she had the idea. "Ok, never have I ever received oral sex." I glance at Tyler and he glances at me. I slowly put one of my fingers down along with everyone else in the circle. "Damn, all of us," Reid says, and we start laughing, except for Sabrina. Bryce is next since he is sitting next to her.

"Umm, never have I ever not made out with someone in this room." When Bryce looks at me, Sabrina's face quickly turns a shade of red. I put down my second finger and give a small smile to Tyler. However, I notice he is glaring at Bryce before putting his second finger down. I reach over and place my hand on top of his. He looks at me and finally smiles.

Some of the questions I have never thought about doing. Like stealing something or breaking something at a friend's house without telling them. I decide to skip my turn because I can't come up with anything. By the time the questions circle back to Sabrina, she seems as if she has been anxious about her turn.

"Never have I ever hooked up with Sabrina." How proudly she says that catches me and my friends off guard. "We already know you've been with a lot of people. Why do you feel the need to prove it?" Reid asks with a slight laugh after. Sabrina ignores his question and pays attention to the hands around her.

Of course, Bryce puts his finger down, but the other fingers catch me by surprise. Parker and Drew both put their fingers down. I can tell Nova had no idea because she looks pissed at Drew. But the most shocking event was to come.

Tyler puts his finger down. 

🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘    

I know this chapter is really short, but I had to leave it on that cliffhanger to make the next chapter so much better!! From earlier chapters, Tyler said he never hooked up with Sabrina, so was he lying? 

Please make sure to VOTE and COMMENT on this story if you liked it. Please, please SHARE this book with your friends, I would greatly appreciate it. I also want to thank you guys for reading my work. As of now, we are at 3.7K reads. I appreciate everyone who has taken the time to read my book or share it with their friends. I know I'm pushing it close, but our next goal is 4K reads by January! I know we can do it because the Comeback Squad is simply amazing and dedicated! I absolutely love you all and please keep reading!!!!