|chapter thirty-nine|

"Ouch Tyler." I wince at the pain the hydrogen peroxide is causing. "Babe, if you keep moving, I'm not going to be able to put a Band-Aid on it."

Tyler stopped at a CVS close to my house to cover the mark on my head. For some reason, when I applied pressure, it wouldn't stop bleeding. Now we are in the parking lot and Tyler is trying to clean up my wound. "Fine," I say holding onto his waist.

"You're such a baby," he says smiling at me while opening the Band-Aid packet. "So... I'm your baby." I give him a small smile as he finally gets the bandage open. He moves my hair back as he places the Band-Aid over my scar. "Yes, you are my baby," he says after leaning in to kiss the bandage.

"Thank you," I say softly kissing his lips. Tyler smiles before closing my passenger door. We each buckle our seatbelts before starting our journey to school. I text the group that something happened this morning, but I'm on the way now.

"So, after school, you're coming to my house to tell me what happened." I look up from my phone and Tyler's eyes are still on the road. "Do I have a choice?" Tyler turns to look at me and shakes his head "no".

"Well, I didn't want to go home anyway. That's the only reason I'm not fighting your command." I see a smug smile on Tyler's face and I can't help but smile myself. Tyler knows he can't command me to do anything, but I slightly like how he just did. Sometimes, I like it when someone else is in charge, so I don't have to contemplate on what I want to do.

Now that is a thin sometimes.

"Maybe you could also talk to my parents or something." I can tell Tyler is struggling with what I'm dealing with. He hates to see me hurting, especially with a situation he can't do anything about. However, I refuse to tell anyone about what happens at home. If you think my mom is bad, take a guess what will happen if she found out I told someone.

"No Tyler, we're not telling your parents. I don't need help. After graduation, I'm gone. That's the only thing I want." Tyler is about to argue with me, but I hurry up and get out of the car. "I have to meet up with the crew, but I'll see you at lunch." After closing the car door, I quickly jog over to Reid's car.

❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂

"So I told him, his only place in my life is my friend."

"Damn Lia," Reid says before sipping some of his coffee. "That's why he was blowing our phones up. Have you talked to him yet?" Nova asks and I shake my head no. "I'm planning on talking to him during first period. One good thing did happen though; Tyler and I are finally official." All of my friends say "finally" altogether and I laugh. "Screw all of you," I say getting up from the table.

"Come on Lia, you have to admit it was taking to long," Coco says wrapping her arm around my shoulder. "True, but enough with me and Tyler. What is going on between you and Drew, Nova?" We all turn to her as we walk into the building. "Umm, I don't know. We've kissed a few times and stuff. I really like him, you guys." Nova's cheeks seem to turn red at the mention of Drew's name. It is so adorable, I can't help but smile.

"Aww, we're happy for you Nova." We all join in to give her a quick hug. "We should double date sometime," Nova says bumping into my shoulder. "I would love that. Coco and Reid can even four-wheel." Nova and I start laughing and Coco and Reid shoot us both the bird.

"I will have a date. I forgot to tell you guys me and Carter have started talking again." We all stop walking and stare at Coco. "College Carter?" I asked, and she nods her head. "Not that dick Coco," Reid says with a loud sigh.

Coco met Carter on Tinder and she seemed happy; for a while. They were very close, even though he was an hour away at college. He would drive here to visit her on weekdays and stay with her on weekends. We all liked him until he cheated on her during one of their fights. If you make one of us mad, you might as well have pissed us all off.