|chapter forty-six|

"I can't believe the whole football team is downstairs," Coco says sitting on my bed. It's Wednesday night and I'm sitting in my room packing for tomorrow. "Tyler told me the coach wanted the team to create stronger bonds before the break. He said he didn't want them forget that they were a 'team'." I say in air quotations.

Reid comes out of my closet laughing with a few of my clothes. "How the hell can you forget any of them downstairs. I can hear them all from inside the closet." My friends offered to come help me pack for the trip and I gladly accepted their offer.

"Did he tell you where the cabin was located?" Nova asks fiddling with her phone. I'm pretty sure she is texting Drew, who is downstairs. "Nope, he is keeping everything a secret. I'm kind of nervous though. It will be the first time we are together without worrying about anyone barging in on us." I nervously twiddle with my fingers as I sit on the bed.

"Lia, you have nothing to be worried about. That boy is completely in love with you. He will be nothing but a gentleman," Coco says wrapping her arm around my shoulder. "Yeah, your right," I say giving her a quick hug. "I have the exact thing to make you feel more comfortable," Reid says walking towards his bookbag.

I watch as he reaches into his bag and pulls out a pink bag. I read the writing on the bag and it says Victoria's Secret. "Reid, what did you do," I say standing up off the bed. "We just got you a little something for the trip," he says motions his eyes to Nova and Coco. "Yep, and I think we did a good job." All three of them confidently nod their heads.

I softly laugh as I make my way towards my bedroom door. "I need a drink to prepare myself for the items about to be pulled out that bag." "That's a good idea," Reid says before I open my door. I hear their loud laughs as I close the door behind me.

I'm wearing my comfortable Nike sweats and a crop top. I'm also wearing my colorful cozy socks. I wouldn't be walking around with so much skin showing, but Tyler's parents decided to go out and they took Kyle with them. 

As I make my way downstairs, I can hear several boys yelling in the living room

As I make my way downstairs, I can hear several boys yelling in the living room. I try to walk into the kitchen without catching their attention. It surprisingly works.

I walk to the fridge and see a case of beer. I avoid the beer and instead grab a bottle of water. I lean my back against the counter and sip on my water. "Haven't talked to you in a while." I turn around to see Bryce standing on the other side of the counter.

Its true, Bryce and I haven't talked in a while. I'm always spending all my free time with Tyler and his family. My friends and I have been hanging out a lot more too. We've started our weekly lunch meetings again after we stopped stressing about our exams we had before the break.

"I know right. How have you been?" I asked pulling my sweats up a little higher. "I've been good. Just been studying a lot and stuff," he says taking a seat at the kitchen counter. I nod my head in agreeance.