|chapter sixty-seven|

Tyler and I walk hand in hand to his car parked outside of the hospital. He brought me some clothes, and I was surprised I liked them.

"This outfit really makes me feel free," I say getting inside the passenger seat after Tyler opens my door. "I figured you would want to be comfortable," he says, kissing my cheek. He closes the door and walks over to his side. He places my overnight bag on the backseat before getting into the driver's seat.

As he pulls out of the parking lot, an idea pops into my head. "Hey, can we make a quick detour?" I give Tyler a sneaky smile as I press on the Navigator app on the dashboard. Tyler nervously nods his head before asking, "what do you have planned?" "You will see. However, I have a question for you." Tyler turns to where to the navigator says and places his hand on my thigh. "Shoot." He glances at me, with a smile.

I turn in my seat, so I'm facing him a little better. "It took you a while to bring my clothes back. Is that all you did when you got home?" I feel like I know what he did, but I just want to be sure. "I mean when we ended off this morning, I was in a compromising position. So, when I got home, I handled it." After an awkward silence, we both start laughing our asses off.

"What? I had to do it because I was too far gone," Tyler says laughing at me. I eventually calm down, but I'm still laughing. "I love you. That's all I can say." I place my hand over his on my thigh and lace my fingers through them. "I love you too, baby." Tyler pulls my hand up to his lips and gently kisses it. He places my hand back down on my thigh and changes the song on his phone.

"Brace yourself, I'll take you on a trip down memory lane. This is not a rap on how I'm slingin' crack or move cocaine. This is cul-de-sac and plenty Cognac and major pain." We start rapping instantly to Kendrick Lamar's m.A.A.d city. As we get closer to my surprise destination, I start getting butterflies in my stomach.

I truly hope Tyler loves this place as much as I used too.

❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂

I tell Tyler to park his car next to this wooded area. He looks a little skeptical as he turns his car off. "Come on, don't be scared." I open my car door and jump out. The gravel on the ground enters my slides, but I'm used to the feeling. The comfortable breeze runs under my T-shirt dress. I walk around to his side and hold Tyler's hand as he gets out of the car. He closes the door and locks up the car.

 He closes the door and locks up the car

I lead our way through the woods. "I'm guessing you've been here before." Tyler squeezes my hand tighter as we walk. "Yeah," I say bending down under a limb. "My dad used to bring me here when I was little. I was so mesmerized by it that it stuck in my mind." I almost slip in my shoes, but Tyler catches me. "Why did I bring you sliders?" He asks, steading me back on my feet.

"Well, this wasn't planned, so don't worry about it," I say, pulling him closer to me. I hear the faint sound of water and I can tell we are almost there. "Okay, when you see what's behind these leaves, it will leave you speechless. At least, that's what it did to me the first time."