|chapter fifty-seven|

I park next to Nova's car outside of her house. "We fucked them up," Nova says getting out of my car. "Would it be bad to say I had fun?" I asked getting out of the car with my backpack. "Not at all. To be honest, it was about time." I nod at Nova's comment.

I didn't feel bad about what took place minutes ago. Seeing Sabrina's bloody face brought me nothing but enjoyment. Especially after what she said about Tyler in the hallway. Tyler. Shit, I forgot what I said to him when he pulled me off of Sarah. I don't know if I overreacted or not. I just hate that he didn't tell me when we became official. I know it happened before we started dating, but he knows how much I dislike Sabrina. That's the main reason why he should have told me.

"Well, let's get showered and out of these clothes before my parents come home. You can shower in my room, while I'll take my parents." I nod at Nova as we begin to walk up the stairs. Once I undress, Nova takes our clothes and puts them in the washing machine.

"I put them on a quick cycle," she says handing me a washcloth and a towel. "Perfect. Thanks for having my back Nova." She smiles at me and gives me a tight hug. "I will always have your back, Lia. Honestly, when you came to my house this morning to discuss the chance of you fighting Sabrina; I was already thinking about it." I start laughing on her shoulder and she joins me. "I love you," I say squeezing her tighter. "I love you too," she says kissing my cheek.

"Now hurry," she says, pushing me into her bathroom. "Okay," I sigh, closing the bathroom door behind me. I start running the water. As the water warms up, I look at myself in the mirror. My hands are completely bruised. There is even a little discoloration on the hand that hit Sabrina's teeth. I had so much adrenaline running through my body that I barely noticed the pain in my hands. I decide to ignore it and take a quick shower.

Once out, I put on my baggy sweatpants and grey sweatshirt. 

I finger comb my hair before walking out of the bathroom

I finger comb my hair before walking out of the bathroom. Nova is sitting on the bed in sweatpants and a t-shirt, towel drying her hair. "I just put the clothes in the dryer, so hopefully it won't take long," she says placing her towel on the bed. "Have you talked to Reid and Coco?" I ask, sitting on her carpet. "Yep, they both are good. I was so pissed when Drew pulled me off of Sarah." I can tell by her loud sigh that she is laying down on her bed.

"Same with Tyler. I said some pretty hurtful things to him after though." The look on Tyler's face plays in my mind, but I shake my head to get it out. "I understand. Drew told me he was coming by after football practice, so we could talk. He kind of didn't give me a choice," Nova says with a small chuckle.

"What time is it now?" I'm too lazy to get up and get my phone off the charger. I hear Nova ruffle around in her bed as she looks over at her clock. "It's almost 5 o'clock," she says. The boys are out now, so I'm expecting Drew to show up anytime.

*Buzz*

"That's the dryer," Nova says getting up from her bed. I grab my backpack and phone with the charger. We both walk downstairs. I go to Nova's fridge and grab a bottle of water. "Here you go babe," Nova says carrying my clothes. "Thanks for folding, Nov." I smile at her and put the clothes in my bookbag.