|chapter thirty-seven|

"Lia, you ok?" I nod my head at a concerned Cayden before hugging him. "Yeah, I'm fine. You two look cute," I say hugging Jordyn before sitting down. "Thanks and I love that dress," Jordyn says. I give her a thankful smile.

"Your brother told me that you were going to invite your boyfriend, Tyler." I look up from the menu and give a fake smile like hearing his name doesn't hurt. "Umm, our relationship is complicated." Jordyn gives me a sincere small smile as if she can relate to me. "So, have you two already ordered?"

"Nope, but we've ordered drinks." I softly giggle because I really could use one. As if on cue, the waiter comes and takes our orders. "How did you two meet?" I ask after taking a sip of my water.

Cayden turns to look at Jordyn and there is so much admiration in his eyes. I can tell he really likes her. My dad used to look at my mom the same way. He cherished the ground she walked regardless of how she treated him. "We meet in our intro English course. Of course, her nerdy self was sitting in the front row." My brother softly nudges her, and she hits him back.

I watch their playful banter until my phone starts ringing. I pull my phone out and see Reid's number. "Guys I'll be right back." They smile at me before I get up and head to the bathroom.

"Yes Reid, I'm kind of busy." "Bitch, Bryce has been blowing up our phones looking for you. By the way, I'm on a three-way with Nova and Coco." I knew ignoring Bryce's calls was going to make him mad, but I didn't know he was going to go to that extent.

"That's because I ended stuff with him. I also told Tyler everything." I smile at the woman leaving the bathroom. "The hell you mean everything," Coco says. "I told him about the kiss and that I loved him." The phone goes silent for a minute.

"Bitch what!" Nova says and the lady washing her hands next to me clearly heard her. I hold my hand over the phone and say "try not to listen so hard" to the woman next to me. 

She says something under her breath before walking out. "Yes, and we might be over. However, right now I'm at dinner with Cayden and his girlfriend, so I have to go." I say while washing my hands.

"Ok, ok, but we are having a meet up before school tomorrow morning." Reid says to which we all say "agreed" before hanging up the phone. When I get back to the table, I see a plate full of chicken fingers. My mouth already starts to water from the smell of them.

"Here is your strawberry margarita," a waiter says placing a glass in front of Jordyn. "Thank you," she says. "Where's Cay." My mouth is half full because I've already dug into eating my food. "Umm, restroom," she says sliding the glass to me. I give her a curious look, but she just nods for me to drink it. I generously take the drink and chug about half of it down.

"So, it's complicated, right?" I pause drinking and eating to look at Jordyn. "I feel like I've made it even more complicated." I feel as if I can talk to Jordyn. "Want to talk about it?" I nod my head and suddenly all today's events and past events start pouring out. We both laugh at parts, but also "aww" at others.

"I told him I loved him and then drove here." I sip the last bit of my margarita. I don't have an appetite anymore cause the story has taken it away. 

"Well, it sounds like you didn't give him time to say anything, Lia. You told him a lot of information and he may need time to process it." I did just leave after I poured my heart out to him. "Yeah, I just hope I didn't mess everything up."

Jordyn reaches over and places her hand on top of mine. "I'm pretty sure you didn't. From what you have told me about Tyler, I think he will always be there for you." I give her a thankful smile. "My brother is really lucky to have you." She softly laughs and finishes off her drink.

"And he is lucky to have a sister like you." As I'm about to make a joke, my brother comes and sits back down. "What were you two talking about?" Jordyn and I look at each other and she turns around to kiss my brother on the cheek. "Just you." His face turns red, and he starts to eat.

We talk about them moving in together and how they have a spare room I can sleep in when I come to visit. I didn't even know they had been dating for almost 2 years. They took a break after my dad died, but somehow started communicating again. They reminisce about old times and hopes for the future.

I know Tyler and I will reminisce about old times, but will there even be a future?

"Any desserts?" Jordyn and Cayden decide to share a slice of Oreo cheesecake. "No, I'm fine, but can I have a to-go box?" The waiter says he will be right back with the cheesecake and my box. He comes back in a matter of minutes.

"Oh, this is so good." Jordyn and I laugh at my brother's quiet moans after every bite. "You sure you don't want to taste?" I've had a rough day today, so I deserve a little reward. I take my brother's spoon and get a piece of cheesecake. "Holy shit, that is good." "See, I told you." We finish off the desert and pay for our meal.

"Cayden, you paid, I'll leave the tip." He finally lets me leave the tip after arguing for five minutes. 

"Babe, do you want to stay at home with Lia?" Cayden smiles at me and he's lucky I can read his eyes. If I was a terrible sister, I would say please stay with me, but I'm not. "Go ahead and go to the apartment. I'll be fine."

My brother winks at me and I give him a slight nod. "Make sure you text me when you get home," my brother says opening my car door. I hug Jordyn and then my brother. "I will," I say getting inside the car. He kisses my forehead and says I love you before closing the door.

I'm really excited I decided to go to dinner. I can tell my brother is in love with Jordyn and she feels the exact same way.

I wish I could say the same for myself.

❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂

I pull up to my house and my body feels emotionally drained. I just want to watch some Cartoon Network and go to sleep. Tyler hasn't texted me since our conversation. I texted Bryce instead of calling him. I told him to calm the hell down and we will talk later. I just don't have the energy to call because I know he will have me on the phone for a minute.

I park my car and start to get out. Before stepping on the ground, I take off my heels. My feet are so red that I can barely feel them.

Well, you have been walking around in them for hours.

I carry my shoes in one hand with my to-go box in the other. As I get closer to the steps, I see a figure sitting on them. I'm about to slowly back away until our automated porch light comes on.

"Tyler?" I said moving closer to the figure. He looks up and his eyes are slightly red. The sadness in his eyes makes my heart feel unbearable pain. "How long have you been here?" I walk closer to him as he stands up.

"Almost an hour. I've just been thinking. After we talked earlier, I couldn't get my mind right." I bare myself for what he has to say next. I knew he wanted nothing to do with me after Bryce. I mean I did cheat on him, but I hoped he would forgive me.

"You had your chance to talk. Now it's mine." 

He steps to the side and I move to unlock the door.

🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘    

I know this chapter is short, but I think Tyler and Cahlia will have a super long conversation. It honestly needs a chapter all on its own. However, how do you all feel about Jordyn & Cayden??

Please make sure to VOTE and COMMENT on this story if you liked it. Please, please SHARE this book with your friends, I would greatly appreciate it. I also want to thank you guys for reading my work. We are currently at 2.5K reads!! Our next goal is 3K reads by January! I know we can do it because the Comeback Squad is simply amazing and dedicated! I absolutely love you all and please keep reading!!!!