|chapter twenty-two|

I'm sitting in my parked car at school thinking about my plans for today. My outfit perfectly represents how I'm feeling.

I'm wearing my mid-calf black leggings and a jacket. I tied my hair up and put on a hat because I didn't feel like doing it today. To bring it all together, I threw on my running shoes.

I step out of the car and grab my bookbag from the backseat

I step out of the car and grab my bookbag from the backseat. "Why are you dressed like you're going to the gym?" "Good morning to you too, Coco," I say smiling at her while locking my car door. "So why?" I lean against my car and smile at the three people in front of me.

"Well, I have something planned for lunch that might get me in trouble." This sparks their curiosity, but before they can ask any more questions, Tyler is walking towards us. "Ok, so Tyler and I are dating. Also, it's serious," I tell my friends quickly before Tyler makes it over.

"Hey babe," Tyler says pulling me into a hug. "Good morning Nova, Coco, and Reid." They all say hi and we begin to walk towards the school. I hold Tyler's hand as we walk behind my friends.

"Liked falling asleep to my voice," he says smiling down. "First of all, you fell asleep before I did," I say laughing at him. "Oh, I did. I also remember me being slightly sexy." He suddenly stops me and pushes my back softly up against the brick wall. Tyler brings his free hand up and gently touches my cheek. Getting tired of the temptation, I pull him down and kiss his lips. He responds immediately, and our lips move together, but we stop when we notice a crowd forming around us.

Tyler rests his forehead against mine and says, "the things I wish we could do at this moment." I softly laugh, and he pecks my lips before moving back. We start walking again and I can't help, but think about my plans this afternoon.

"Umm, Tyler, I'm planning on doing something today," I anxiously pause, "and I just want to know if you will still like me?" Tyler stops us in the hallway and looks at me confused. "Are you going to tell me your plan?" He is standing in front of me while I'm leaning against the wall.

"I don't want to because you're going to try to talk me out of doing it," I pause, "and I feel like I need to do it." I can see his mind thinking over my statements by his small sighs. After he runs his fingers through his hair a few times, he says "fine, don't tell me, but of course, I will still like you. As long as it's not too crazy."

I smile at him before leaning up to kiss him. "Will you at least tell me when it's about to happen?" He is grinning at me before I walk into Mr. Parker's class. "Of course, I'll see you at lunch," I say waving goodbye and walking into class.

❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂

"So, you never answered my question," Bryce says while we are working through the first parts of Romeo and Juliet. "What question?" I whisper. "Why didn't you stay for dinner?" I was prepared for this question to be asked. So, I have also prepared the perfect lie.