|chapter eighty-two|

Hey, lovies! While writing the last chapter, I wanted to clarify some details on the story. After rereading some chapters, I listed two things I feel are important. Please let me know if you have any questions or comments!

1. Cahlia and Tyler were together, officially, for 3 months.

2. Cahlia was roughly single for 2 months before Bryce.

I know it may seem quick that Cahlia got into another relationship, but it's honestly not. Now let's get back to what everyone wants!

❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂

The week before Homecoming Week

I lock my car as I walk to my grandparent's front door. I use the house key they gave me months ago.

"Mema and Papa, I'm here!" I lock the door behind me and walk towards the smell coming from the kitchen. My grandma is pulling something out of the oven when I walk in. "Hello, sweetie." I give her a side hug, placing a kiss on the top of her head.

"It smells good, Mema. Where's Papa?" She kisses my cheek and tells me he is setting up the dining table. I take some of the dishes she has ready to take with me.

When I walk into the dining room, I smile at all the faces I see. Jace's kids, Carson and Casey, are playing video games in their chairs. Cayden is helping Jordynn finish the table. Jace and Papa are discussing my school's undefeated football team. When they mention Bryce's name, I involuntarily smile.

"The Preston Patriots are pretty good, huh?" They turn to me after my remark. "Lia!" I place the dish I was carrying on the table. I walk over and hug Jace and Papa. Cayden soon wraps me into his arms, along with Jordynn.

"You guys are really good. That new quarterback is getting drafted," my Papa confidently says. All the guys in this family adore football. Cayden was an amazing linebacker and we went to all of his games. Yet, he didn't want to do that for the rest of his life.

Bryce, on the other hand, loves football. We've talked about some college prospects, but nothing is final. He told me we would think about that when it comes.

"Are you guys coming to the championship game?" They all say "yes" within seconds. Maybe that's when I'll introduce them to Bryce.

We help carry in the remaining dishes from the kitchen. I sit next to my cousins during dinner. They wouldn't get off their game until their dad threatened to take it away. I comfort Casey when she starts to whine. She brightens up and starts eating with the rest of the family.

"Lia, have you found something for homecoming yet?" I shake my head "no" to Jordynn's question.

When Bryce asked me, I immediately started looking for a dress. However, I couldn't find one this late. Either someone already had it, or they didn't have my size. It became so exhausting, that I asked Jordynn if she owned anything, which she didn't.

"Sweetie, you need a dress?" My Mema asked. "Yes ma'am," I reply finishing up my food. "Let the men get these. Come on ladies." My grandma scoots her chair back, me and Jordynn following her actions. My uncle, brother, and grandpa don't try to argue with her because they know better.

We walk upstairs into her bedroom. Jordynn and I sit on the couch at the end of her bed as she walks to her closet. When she emerges, she is carrying a black garment bag.

"I wore this dress to prom when I was 18. I don't think it will work for your prom, but homecoming is a different story." She holds the hanger and unzips the bag. When the complete dress is in view, I walk up to touch it.