|chapter twenty-seven|

Tyler squeezes my hand causing me to look at him. His face is completely blank while he stares at Bryce. I can feel some sort of tension between them, but I don't know why. I'm pretty sure Bryce didn't tell Tyler about our fling so I'm not worried.

"Umm, sure Bryce." Bryce gives me a quick smile before looking at Tyler. "I mean alone," he says, and I can feel Tyler's body stiffen from his hand in mine. He glares at Bryce for a minute before turning to me. "I'll meet you downstairs," he says bending down to kiss me. However, this kiss seems more possessive and I'm not sure if I like it.

Tyler let's go of my hand and quickly nods at Bryce before walking downstairs. "So, what you want to talk about?" In one swift motion, Bryce grabs my hand and pulls us into a side bathroom. "What was that Bryce!" He ignores my outburst and locks the door.

He turns around and leans against my body. I move back until my thighs touch the counter. "Bryce—what," I stutter as I feel his hands going up my leg. "I can't stop thinking about you Cahlia." The warmness of his breath against my ear makes my body involuntarily shiver.

One of my hands comes up to rub against his cheek. His head softly moves in my hand. He turns to face me, and our eyes immediately lock with each other. It feels like the time around us has stopped. Bryce's lips begin to slowly move in towards mine.

Cahlia you can't do this. No matter how badly your body wants to, you can't. This is the guy who is dating Sabrina. Bryce is the guy who told you not to tell anyone. Bryce is the guy who automatically assumed I should have told him about Mike. Wait, Mike.

I press my hands against Bryce's chest and gently push him away. "How did you find out about Mike?" Bryce's expression tells me he is stunned by my action. "What?" He asks now gaining his composure. "Cayden told me you were fighting Mike before he and Tyler arrived."

Bryce let's out a deep breath while placing his hands behind his neck. "How did you find out," I say giving him a serious look while crossing my arms. "It really doesn't matter." "Just tell me, Bryce."

"Ok, Sabrina told me." I was not expecting that, and I know Bryce can tell by my expression. He moves closer to me again and places his hands on my waist. "How—how did she," I mumbled trying to wrap my head around this newfound information.

"I saw Mike's story on Sabrina Snapchat." "Fuck. What was he doing?" The irritated tone of my voice does not go unnoticed. "It doesn't matter, Lia." "Tell me!" He leans back and runs his fingers through his hair.

"He was bragging about his attack on you." My vision starts to become blurry from the tears building up. That's how everyone at school knew about the situation. The asshole put it on Snapchat. Bryce reaches up and runs his thumb against my cheek.

"Damn Lia, please don't cry." I notice his brown eyes have a slight shine. They look like wet marbles, which tells me he is startled by my tears. "I had to force Sabrina to show me the video and after I saw it, I just reacted." His voice comes out as a faint whisper.

"She shared it, didn't she?" I ask a question that I already know the answer to. When Bryce's eyes move down to the floor, I receive the confirmation I needed. "That's what Sabrina and you were fighting about at lunch." Bryce gives me a small nod.

"Let me guess, you are still with her." When Bryce looks at me, his lips have formed a grim line and his facial expression tells me he is mad.

"Lia, I couldn't stand to look at her knowing what she did. I told her I needed a break. Of course, she didn't take it well, but I don't care." Bryce smiles at me while softly laughing. I can't help but smile back at him.

"Cahlia, you can tell me anything. I'll always be there for you." I quickly move forward and tightly hug Bryce. His arms wrap around my body, resting his chin on my head. "Thanks, Bryce," I say letting go of my hold around his waist. He kisses my forehead before letting me go.