|epilogue|

The breeze from our open balcony doors flows over my naked back. I stretch out on the empty bed, trying to wrap my head around being in Aruba. We've been here for almost two weeks and I've experienced more adventures than I count.

 We've been here for almost two weeks and I've experienced more adventures than I count

Ziplining, parasailing, cave exploring, hiking, and more.

"Lia, sweetie, breakfast is ready." I wrap the sheets around me and click on the speaker in our room. "Coming," I respond. My stomach growls as I shower and get dressed; throwing on a white bikini top and striped shorts. I put on a loose t-shirt then head downstairs.

 I put on a loose t-shirt then head downstairs

"Good morning." Jayden's and Levi's parents tell me good morning, along with Bryce's parents. "Cahlia, can we play volleyball after breakfast? I'm so bored." I laugh at Levi's little sister, May, groaning while eating her eggs. "I would love too." She smiles, and her parents thank me.

As I'm eating my food, I pull up my emails. When I see multiple messages from Yale, my hands start sweating. No one knows that I applied to Yale, nor that I got in. If I told my family, they would have forced me to go. My friends also might freak out on me.

I told everyone I was going to UCLA, but I still haven't accepted the offer. Getting into an Ivy League is a huge accomplishment and I don't want to throw an opportunity away. Maybe I'll talk to Mrs. O'Connor for some advice.

I'm almost finished eating by the time everyone is finished. "The boys won't be back from surfing for a while. Are you two going to be okay alone?" May and I both nod our heads. Mrs. O'Connor and the wives are going to the mall, while the dads are going to town. "Don't give Lia any trouble, May." She looks shocked when her parents kiss the top of her head.

"We'll be fine Mr. and Mrs. Hanks. You guys have fun." They all give me a hug and walk out of the house. As soon as the door closes, sixteen-year-old May opens up.

"Ready for me to kick your ass?"

I raise my brows at her tall figure. She is two years younger than me, but her height would make you think she was older. "You must mean the other way around," I nod, loading the dishwasher. May starts laughing as we walk towards the volleyball court in our backyard. I take off my t-shirt and throw it on one of the lounge chairs.