|chapter eight|

When Nova pulls up in front of my house, I notice that Cayden's car is gone. Praise the Lord because coming in at 3 am is going to cause questions that I don't know the answers too. "Thanks for dropping me off, I love y'all," I say while getting out of the car. She waits until I enter my house before pulling off with a quick *honk*honk*. I lock the door behind me and head into the kitchen.

I look through the medicine cabinet for some Advil because I know a headache from my hangover will be real tomorrow. I hear my phone's notification sound and it almost made me drop the pills. I'm not usually this nervous when I'm home alone, but maybe my panic attack earlier has me on edge.

I reach into my purse and pull out my phone. I immediately regret reading the text because of who it's from.

❤  Bryce ❤: Hey Cahlia, are you up?

I want to get rid of those hearts he put by his name, but for some reason, I can't.

Me: No.

Bryce ❤: You obviously are up because you are texting me back. Are you back at home?

Me: Yeah, why?

Bryce ❤: I was just checking up on you.

This dude is annoying as hell, but it would be cute if he didn't have a girlfriend. Regardless of our "friendship", I'm still planning on destroying his girlfriend. I couldn't care less if they were together or not.

Me: How about you go check on your girlfriend instead. Thx.

He doesn't respond and I take that as him getting the sign that I don't want to be bothered. I get my purse off the kitchen counter and begin to head upstairs when the doorbell rings.

I think to myself, "scary movie 101, don't open that damn door".

I pause on the stairs until I hear a familiar voice yelling my name. I run downstairs and look through the peephole of the door just to be sure. When I realize my guess was right, I unlock the front door and open it. Standing in front of me is a slightly drunk Bryce.

"What are you doing here?" I ask pulling him inside and locking the door behind us. He turns back to me and I can see him contemplating something in his head. "Umm, Bry­­—".

Before I could even finish saying his name, Bryce pushes my back up against the front door. Both of his hands hold the side of my face before he presses his mouth to mine. At first, I'm a little skeptical, but that all goes out the window when his tongue enters my mouth. I move my body closer into his body needing his touch everywhere. The only sound in the house is our passionate breathes as we kiss. One of his hands moves from my face and holds the side of my waist while the other is holding the back of my neck. I move both of my hands behind his neck pulling him closer to me. I gently pull his hair and he lets out a soft moan. Feeling the need for fresh air, we break from our intense kiss with our foreheads leaning against each other.

"You have no idea how long I've wanted to do that," Bryce says out of breath leaning back and kissing my forehead. I am in shock about what just happened so it takes me a minute to respond. "That was—," I pause smiling at him, "amazing." That is the only way I could respond to our kiss. I loved it and it made me want more. I have never "fully" wanted a guy as much as I want Bryce. 

I would give him my v-card in a heartbeat, but he has a girlfriend.

"And it was wrong," I say walking away from the hall and towards the living room. I sit on the couch and Bryce comes to sit next to me. He places his hand on my thigh and I remove it, even if I wanted it to stay there. He crooks his head to the side and says, "I like you and you like me, there is nothing wrong with that."