|chapter seventeen|

We have been driving for around 30 minutes before we reach our destination. Tyler parks his car in a surprisingly crowded lot. We both get out of the car and I notice a lot of people walking up a mountain.

"So, now are you going to tell me?" Tyler smiles at me in an amused manner before taking my hand. "It's a must-see." His secrecy is very captivating. I feel safe around him so I freely follow. I have known Tyler since freshman year, but we have only talked occasionally. He always treated me nicely and after my dad died, he helped bring me out of my despair. He made me laugh and hung out with me over the summer.

By the time we reach the top of the mountain, I am slightly out of breath. Tyler, on the other hand, seems like he does this type of exercise all the time. He appears cool, calm and collected by his confident smile. I feel a sudden heat in my body because his appearance is suddenly turning me on.

"I'm impressed." I look at him confused. He laughs and says, "my little brother barely makes it up that hill." I give him a smug smile. "Well, I'm stronger than I look." Tyler squeezes my hand and nods. He pulls us through the crowd until we are standing in front of a low fence.

"Holy shit," I say looking at my view. It feels like we are standing above Santa Monica. The lights coming from the tall buildings illuminate the dark sky. The cars move in the streets like small ants. We are surrounded by people, but there is a subtle quietness in the air. "How did you find this spot?" I ask Tyler still staring at the gorgeous city in front of me.

"My family used to hike up this trail all the time." I turn to him because I sense a little sadness in his voice. "Are you okay?" He turns and smiles at me, but I notice it's slightly off. "It's just we've all gotten so busy that we don't have time anymore." I give him a comforting smile hoping to cheer him up.

"Well, I'm free to come up here whenever you want." He releases my hand and wraps his arm around my shoulder. When he pulls me closer to his side I am engulfed by his cologne. It is not overwhelming and it kind of reminds me of something my dad used to wear. I just can't think of the name.

"Thanks, Cahlia. I would like that." The warmth from his body is sending my hormones into overdrive. I begin to feel hot in places that I never knew existed.

Well, I might have felt the same with Bryce.

I have this urge to get on my tiptoes and press my lips to his. I picture our kiss being so passionate that we forget we're in public. I honestly feel that way now. It feels as if Tyler and I are the only ones on top of this mountain. The thought makes me snuggle closer into his side. He doesn't move away. His arm around my shoulder just grows comfortably tighter.

We stand like this for a while. The crowd begins to die down around us and I suddenly feel tired. When I reach my hand up to cover my yawn, it is much louder than I expected. I feel Tyler's body gently shake next to me and I hear his soft laugh.

"Let's get you home shall we." I laugh at him and happily nod. The walk back to his car goes by faster than the walk up the hill. Tyler opens my door and I quickly get in. He jogs to the driver's side and gets in. He locks the doors before starting the car. I look over to him and his leg is anxiously shaking so I know he is nervous about something.

Please tell me I didn't assume he likes me and he doesn't.

"Ty, are you okay?" I turn to face him as much as I can. He stops shaking his leg and turns to face me. "Umm, I wanted to know," he pauses running his fingers through his hair. I slowly nod my head encouraging him to continue.

He takes a depth breath in before saying, "I wanted to know if you would go to breakfast with me tomorrow before we go to the beach. It's just that I really like you and maybe this could be our first date. I would completely understand if you say no, but I just think you are so beautiful and fun—."

I lean over and kiss him on the cheek. I wanted to get him to stop rambling, but I also wanted to have some sort of lip action tonight. When I sit back down, Tyler's cheeks have a soft red pigment to them. My insides are doing backflips because of my effect on him.

I softly laugh before giving him my answer. "First, I would love to go on a breakfast date with you Tyler. Second, I really like you too." His anxious manner completely turns happy when he hears my last sentence. "Also, your rambling is kind of cute." I give him a smug look and he just sticks his tongue out at me. His childish manner just makes me laugh while I reach to put my seatbelt on. I see him doing the same with an accomplished smile on his face.

🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘

How do my readers feel about Tyler? I actually like him...a lot.

Hey loves I know this part is a little short, but I have been busy with so much school work. I promise you the part on Wednesday will make up for the shortness.

Please make sure to VOTE and COMMENT on this story if you liked it. Please, please SHARE this book with your friends, I would greatly appreciate it. I also want to thank you guys for reading my work. We 1K reads in 2 months. I wonder if we can have 1.5K by the end of November?!?! Let's make that a goal!! The Comeback Squad is simply amazing and I absolutely love you all!!!!!