|chapter thirty-four|

"That's just not right," Parker says planting his body down in the middle of Bryce and me. I hand him my controller and he gladly takes it. "Bryce, don't you have four controllers?" Bryce nods and gets up to walk back into his closet.

"I call the second player!" Nova yells grabbing Drew's hand before sitting on the couch. "I'm third," Bryce says bringing two controllers out of his closet. Reid ends up being the fourth player. "Who won between you two?" Wesley asks sitting on the floor in front of the couch.

"Lia has been kicking my ass," Bryce says smiling at me. Both Wesley and Parker turn to bump knuckles with me. "Damn Lia. It's hard to beat this one," Parker says punching Bryce in the arm. Bryce is quick to hit him back and it turns into a back and forth battle. They only stop when the race begins.

Everyone is yelling at who they want to win, but I notice someone missing. I get up from the couch. "Move, Lia," Reid says hitting me on the butt. "I'm sorry," I quietly laugh and move out of the way. I walk out of Bryce's room and Tyler is nowhere to be found.

"Perfect, see you in a minute." I walk into the guest room to Tyler getting off the phone. "Hey," I say walking further into the room. His eyes are still dark, but not as dark as they were before. "What up," he says before walking past me. I completely understand his attitude, I just didn't know it would sting so bad. I follow him out the room trying to keep up with him.

"Ty—" I began to say but am cut off by the doorbell ringing. "You guys up for a drunk game of truth or dare?" Tyler says to our group of friends surrounding the TV. Bryce looks completely confused but eventually nods his head. "Hell yeah, but who's at the door?" Parker says putting his game controller on the table. Tyler turns to look at me and I can't get any type of read on him. He just walks by me and heads downstairs.

"Lia, what did you do?" Coco asks as we all walk down the stairs. Tyler heads straight towards the front door as if knowing who it is. "Glad you could make it," Tyler says motioning the person into the house. A pair of high black heels steps proudly into the house. By the short skirt and tight top; I can tell she put so much effort into picking out the tightest outfit to wear.

I know Tyler is pissed about me leaving him for Bryce, but I never thought he would go this far. "Aww, good to see you again. Cahlia right?" I put on the fakest smile my body has ever produced.

"Yep, good to see you too Rebecca."

❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂

"Fuck this shirt and pants." I'm in the bathroom with Coco and Nova. I hastily take off Bryce's clothes throwing them on the counter. I've caught my friends up on my almost mishap with Bryce. Seeing Rebecca all over Tyler in the kitchen pissed me off to the point I had to leave the room. She kept bringing up their past and Tyler wasn't even trying to stop her advances.

"Damn Lia. You look like a tomato." I look in the mirror and Nova is right. My face is red as hell. "Ugh, I'm so damn dumb." I hit myself in the head. The feeling in my heart must have been how Tyler felt seeing me with Bryce. "Lia, just calm down. You made a mistake and you're trying to fix it," Nova says wrapping her arms around my waist.

We hear a loud knock on the bathroom door. Coco slightly opens it making sure it's Reid. "This is all I found in my car," Reid says handing me a sweatshirt. "Perfect. Thanks, Reid." I throw on Reid's sweatshirt and it covers most of my bikini bottoms. I forgot to pack something to wear because I was too distracted making out with Tyler.

I lean over the counter and put my hair in a messy bun. "It looks better on you than me." I try to give Reid an honest smile. "Can you give these to Bryce?" Coco nods and I hand her Bryce's clothes. "Ready?" When Reid opens the door, I immediately miss the warmth from Bryce's sweatpants. I shake the thought out of my head and focus on Tyler.