|chapter fifty-six|

Bryce's POV

I'm sitting in the driver's seat with Sabrina in the passenger seat. We are just leaving Tyler's house and I am pissed. "What was the purpose of you asking that question?" I glance towards her and she is texting away. "I asked the question because I wanted to. Why did you have to look at Lia after you asked your question?" She doesn't even look up.

At the moment I'm calm, but if she starts talking about Lia, I'm going to go off. "Is that why you asked? To show Lia that you've been with Tyler. Did you think about how that would make me feel?" My voice is steady, but you can sense the irritation brewing. "Did you think about how I felt when you looked at her after asking your question? No, because your mind still seems to be stuck on Ms. Perfect," she lets out a sarcastic laugh.

My grip on the steering wheel gets tighter. "Sabrina, you need to grow up. Lia is always going to be in my life. When you are spiteful and mean, it just makes you come off as jealous." I run my hand through my hair trying to keep my cool. "Seriously Bryce, the last thing I am is jealous. I have or had everything she has. I had Tyler before her and now I have you. I have absolutely nothing to be jealous of!" I suddenly pull over on the side of the road.

"That's it, Sabrina. You see nothing wrong in using people to make yourself feel better. You might not see it, but I do. You're jealous of Lia because she is gorgeous, but also kind. She doesn't try to put people down to make herself feel better. You're mad because both Tyler and Drew got what they wanted from you and moved on to better people. And you know what irritates you the most. The fact that I love her and don't love you!"

Shit, that's the first time I've ever admitted that out loud. I don't know if it's true or not, but it felt right to say.

"You do not fucking mean that! It doesn't even matter if you love her or not. Did you see that ring Tyler gave her? You have no fucking chance with her Bryce. So, get over it!" I take out my phone and open the Uber app. "I don't even know why I thought you could replace her. Well, this is fucking done. We are done!" I order an Uber to pick her up at this location.

"Your Uber will be here in five minutes. Sabrina, you need to look at yourself in the mirror. Yes, you are pretty, but you are such a mean-spirited person. I have never said this to a girl, but you are such a bitch." Right when I finish, an Uber pulls up in front of us.

"You...you...fuck you Bryce." She angerly unlocks her seatbelt and opens the car door. "You know what Bryce. I was fucking Mike the whole time we were together," she says slamming the door. I roll down my window and yell "and I was with Lia while we were together!" She turns around and flips me off before getting inside the Uber.

I put my car in drive and quickly start driving to my house. I grab my phone to make sure I stop paying for Sabrina's ride. This was the last straw. It will be a cold day in hell before I even talk to Sabrina again.

❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂

I rock back and forth in my bed. I check the time on my phone and its 6 o'clock in the morning. That means I've only gotten a few hours of sleep after I told Tyler goodnight. The situation between him and Sabrina keeps playing in my mind. Each time I try to go to sleep, I picture the two of them together. I decide to say the hell with sleep and get up to shower.

I quickly bathe, wash my hair, and brush my teeth. By the time I'm done, it's 6:40 am. I go ahead a lotion up and get dressed for school. I decide on something comfortable because I need to be able to freely move. I'm wearing a red shirt, black leggings, and white converse.

 I'm wearing a red shirt, black leggings, and white converse