|chapter thirty-five|

"Would you like me to tell her?" I open up my Sprite and chug half the bottle.

"No, no, no. I got it," Tyler says opening the bathroom door.

Tyler and I made up a little in the bathroom, but I'm still not over him inviting Rebecca. That is why I told him to tell her to leave. As I'm walking towards the kitchen, Tyler breaks off from me to move towards the living room.

"Feel better?" Bryce says wobbling as he gets up from his chair. "Much better." I smile at him before punching him hard in the arm. "Ouch! What was that for?" Bryce is rubbing his arm where I hit him as I go toss my bottle in the trash. "That's for being a dick. You knew Rebecca was going to kiss Tyler."

His mouth makes an O shape as if he forgot what just happened. "Ok yeah, that was wrong, but are you and Tyler even together yet?" I grab a bottle of water from the fridge feeling the need to gain some amount of fluids back into my body. "No, but that doesn't matter. You tried to get a rise out of me so that is why I punched you." I lean forward against the counter.

"I wasn't trying to upset you. Tyler pissed me off by asking that dumbass question that we already know the answer too." Bryce takes a sip of his beer and looks at me. "Forget about the question Bryce. Tyler feels that something is still going on between us. That's why he hasn't asked me to be his girlfriend."

"That's bullshit, Lia." I am stunned by his animosity towards me. "Excuse me," I say sitting up. "You heard me, Lia. Tyler is using that as an excuse. If he truly cared about you, he wouldn't give a fuck about another guy. He would fight for you because that is how badly he wants you."

Bryce's speech took a turn I never expected. He clearly must be a tad bit drunk because I know he would never say any of this if he was sober.

"A guy should cherish you Cahlia. You are smart, kind, funny, and beautiful. No, you are an overall amazing human being. No guy, girl, or force would stop a guy from becoming official with you. Tyler shouldn't hesitate with someone as special as you. He should worship you and spoil you. But most importantly, he should love you."

"Is she the reason why I have to leave." Damn. Rebecca is always running moments. Bryce's drunk conversation has my mind all messed up. "Yep, it was so why are you still here."

Tyler holds Rebecca back from coming towards me. "I wouldn't suggest you do that," Coco says walking into the kitchen with everyone else. "Or what," Rebecca says with Tyler still holding her back. I'm a little jealous of their contact even though I know he is only protecting me. However, I'm not sure how many times I have to tell him I can protect myself.

"Rebecca, it's simple. Take another step towards me again and we are going to fight." I straighten up my back and my friends come walk behind me. Rebecca's eyes have softened and I'm sure she has received my message clearly. "Fine, I'll go. You aren't worth me breaking a nail." Tyler hesitantly lets her go, but I can tell he is still alert just in case she attacks.

"And beating your ass isn't worth the time or the energy." She chuckles before turning to head for the door. "Tyler, you better not hug her!" I yell, and my friends laugh at me. "I'm not!" I laugh when I hear Rebecca's angry sigh before the door closes.

"Ready," Tyler says walking back into the kitchen. I nod my head and look at Bryce. He has fallen asleep on the counter. "We got him. I was planning on spending the night cause I can't go home plastered," Parker says softly hitting Wesley. "Great, we'll help you guys clean up before we head out," Reid says.

Bryce's house wasn't that dirty. After the guys carried him upstairs to his room; we started cleaning up all the empty liquor bottles and cups. It took all of us about an hour to clean the house and backyard.