|chapter sixty-eight|

😍 Tyler 😍: I wish I could have stayed in bed with you this morning. Please be careful moving.

🌼 Me 🌼: Same, but you had to go to school. Jace and the movers are on their way now to help, so don't worry.

😍 Tyler 😍: I can't help but worry about you and I'll be by after football practice. Again, be careful and I love you 😘

🌼 Me 🌼: I love you too and if we finish early, I'll try to make it to your practice. I think the movers are here. I'll text you later babe. Love you! 😘

I look in the mirror before leaving my room. My green sweater and black pants seem perfect for moving, or at least I think so. I put on my black and white vans to finish the look.

 I put on my black and white vans to finish the look

When Mrs. Williams gave me the okay to start moving, Tyler and I both were excited. However, she did tell me I couldn't do a lot, so that's when Jace ordered the movers. I still haven't seen the condo, but I'm pretty sure it's nice. My family has a unique sense of style. I'm sure the condo will be contemporary, but trendy at the same time.

I run downstairs to go answer the door. Instead of seeing movers, I see an upset Cayden. "Cahlia, why the hell didn't you call me about your accident?" He squeezes past me and into the house. Now that he is here, I do regret not calling him. "How did you find out?" I ask, closing the door. "Jace told me. However, why didn't my own sister tell me? Are we still not on good terms?" Cayden is prancing around the entryway and I immediately feel shitty. "I'm sorry Cayden. I should have called you today or yesterday when I was discharged. We are good and I'm sorry I've been acting like a bitch lately. I just wanted you to focus on school and stop worrying about my problems." I walk up to him and place my hands on both of his shoulders.

"Cahlia, don't call yourself that. I'm your big brother. It's my job to worry about you. I just want us to be like we were before. I mean, before I said all that stupid shit. Will we ever get back there?" His eyes are glossy, and I can tell that this issue has been bothering him for a while. We haven't really talked since that celebratory dinner. I've let it go since my dream about my dad, but I clearly need to ensure Cayden a little more.

"Cayden, we're good. I'm moving into a condo today and I would love for you to help me," I say, nudging his shoulder. His eyes light up and I can tell his demeanor has changed. "Yeah, Jace told me about that. I mean, I like you living with the Williams, but I would love to help you." Cayden softly pokes me in the side and it makes me squirm. "Oh, you know I'm giving Tyler a key, right?"

Cayden's smile immediately falters. "You know what. I like Tyler and I can tell you two have grown into something serious. I'm just happy that you're happy." Cayden pulls me into a hug and kisses the top of my head. I've missed having these brotherly hugs. I wrap my arms a little tighter around him and let out a soft sigh. "I've missed you, Cay," I say, laying the side of my head against his chest. "I've missed you too, Lia."