|chapter fifty-eight|

"That was the last straw, Ty. When she said you moaned her name and shit; I just lost it." We are sitting on the hood of my car. I stayed on the ground crying for a good fifteen minutes before I was all cried out.

"Everything that came out of Sabrina's mouth was a lie. The only reason I remember I sleep with her was that I woke up naked next to her. I know I didn't say any of that shit to her because I felt awkward around her before we even had sex. I only had sex with her cause I thought it would take my mind off of you. But I swear it didn't work at fucking all. It just made me feel so much worse."

I sit there and process his words. I knew he slept with her to get me off his mind, but he never told me it didn't work. "If you were that drunk, how do you even know you slept with her?" I ask, keeping my eyes on the scenery.

"Because I found a used condom," he says in a low voice. I let out a grateful sigh knowing he did use protection. "Lia, it was just meaningless sex. I don't remember shit from that night, that's how unimportant it was. However, that night we were together for the first time, I remember everything. You had on this light gold dress with these bangled gold earrings. You were wearing a pair of gold heeled sandals. Don't even get me started on the black lingerie you wore that night."

He reaches over to pull my face so I'm facing him. "You could have told me about your feelings Tyler. I wasn't going to turn you down because I felt the same way. However, when you stopped talking to me, I thought I had done something." My voice is shallow and low.

"Cahlia, you have never done anything. I was just being a dumbass and questioning my judgment. I should have told you about my feelings, instead, I was being selfish and trying to push them away." He pulls me closer towards his body. We are face to face and our knees are touching.

"Why didn't you tell me when we told each other we loved one another?" I felt like that would have been the perfect moment for him to tell me. I mean it might have slightly ruined the moment, but I would have liked it better that way.

"I have no idea why I didn't tell you. That was a dumb mistake that I will forever regret. Sleeping with Sabrina was the biggest mistake of my life. However, you are the best thing in my life. Please forgive me. I know we haven't been talking for the past two days, but they have been the worst two days of my life. I am so, so, sorry. I love you with all my heart and I fucked up with Sabrina, but don't let her ruin this."

I look deep into his eyes and see them start to water. In a burst of emotions, I jump into Tyler's lap and press my lips down to his. His hand tenderly presses the back of my head, moving my mouth further into his. My tongue gently enters his and his quickly tangles with mine.

"I love you so much Cahlia," he says when we break from our kiss. Both of us are breathing heavily. I lay my forehead against his and use my fingers to softly play with the back of his hair. "I love you too Tyler, but please don't keep a big secret like that from me again."

"I swear Lia. I will never in my life because having you mad at me for two days was like pure hell." I softly laugh against his body and he joins in. "Was it really that bad?" I ask leaning back. "Yes! I mean, that was the first night you didn't sleep in my bed. It felt so empty," he says smiling at me. "Whatever," I say, gently hitting his shoulder.

Tyler gently runs his thumb down my face. "You are so damn beautiful." His voice gives me goosebumps and sends chills down my spine. "How much did you hear?" We are staring into each other's eyes. My mind is telling me to close myself up, but my heart is telling me to let Tyler in.

"Everything," he says in a painful voice. I quietly say 'oh' under my breath. "Everything you said was untrue. You're always too hard on yourself and I don't know why. Lia, we all make mistakes, so yours are no worse than the next person. I thank God every day for not taking you in that accident." I wipe the tears that fall from Tyler's eyes.

"I don't know how my life would be without you. Please, never feel like you are alone because you are not. I cannot lose you because if I ever did, I'd have lost my best friend, my soul mate, my smile, my laugh, my everything." His words effortlessly fall from his lips. I reach the palm of my hand to his face and place a kiss on his forehead.

"I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to love you fully. Every single day," I say. Tyler and I both sniffle a little. "I mean I'm staying for the dimples," I say smiling at him. "Shut up," he smiles at me before smashing his lips into mine. As I'm kissing Tyler, I realized a lot about our relationship.

A real relationship involves arguing, crying, love, hurt, joy and most importantly some good ass sex.

❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂

I run my hand over my stomach as I stare at Tyler's ceiling. I was so thankful everyone was sleeping when we got home because I didn't have to explain anything to Mrs. Williams. However, I do feel really bad for lying to her, so I don't think I'll do that again.

I turn to see steam coming out of the bathroom. "Ty, how did you know I was at the lookout?" I move forward to where I am laying on my stomach. He walks over in his towel and leans down, kissing my lips.

"Well, when I came home after practice, my mom told me you were staying late at Nova's house. However, I knew that Drew was going to her house after practice. I can't really explain it. I was somehow drawn there and then I saw you." I admire all the muscular curves in his body as he puts on his Calvin Klein boxers in front of me. That's all he sleeps in while I sleep in one of his t-shirts.

"Oh, that sounds really romantic actually," I say moving back under his covers. He slides in next to me and flicks off his bedside lamp. I lay down facing him and our legs tangle around one another. "Yeah," he says pushing some of my hair back. "There's this energy between us and I can't explain how strong it is. However, I do know it can never be broken." I pull myself up and tenderly kiss his lips before laying my head on his chest.

"I know exactly what you feel," I say yawing against his skin. "Cartoons?" I look up and happily nod my head. Tyler turns on the TV and changes the channel to Boomerang. I quietly say, "hell yeah" when I see Tom and Jerry on.

We lay there and laugh at Jerry's cleverness over Tom's ignorance. I soon drift off to sleep in the warmness of Tyler's embrace, no longer feeling guilty about my actions today.

🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘    

They have finally made up!! Yay!! Please let me know how you felt about this chapter?!

Please make sure to VOTE and COMMENT on this story if you liked it. Please, please SHARE this book with your friends, I would greatly appreciate it. I also want to thank you guys for reading my work. We are currently at 4.3K reads! I appreciate everyone who has taken the time to read my book or share it with their friends. Our next goal is 5K reads by February! I know we can do it because the Comeback Squad is simply amazing and dedicated! I absolutely love you all and please keep reading!!!!

**PS** I start nursing school tomorrow!! I'm super nervous but excited!!