|chapter eighteen|

I wake up to the sound of my alarm going off. I quickly dismiss the alarm and see its 9:30 am. Tyler said he was going to come pick me up for our date by 10:30. I immediately smile at the thought of Tyler. Our night at the lookout will forever be embedded in my mind. It was perfect.

As I begin going through my group texts I hear a knock on my door. I know it's not my mom because she left the morning I was at Bryce's house. "Come in Cayden." My brother swings my door open and practically runs over to give me a hug. "Ugh Lia, it feels like I haven't seen you in forever." "That's because you haven't." He and I both laugh before he lets me go.

I get off my bed and go turn on the shower. "So where have you been Cay?" I ask waiting for the water to get hot. "Umm, I met someone during summer school and we've just been kicking it," he says scratching the back of his neck. Whenever Cayden rubs the back of his neck, I know he is serious.

"Congrats, but I just want to let you know, I am not ready to be an aunt." He chuckles before saying "fully noted. You and the crew going to the beach today?" I nod in his direction. "Ok, I'll let you go get ready," before he leaves he kisses my forehead. Maybe my father's passing has changed my brother for the best. 

I've always told him at some point he has to settle down.

I get in the shower and quickly wash my body with my Dove body wash. I decide not to wash my hair because I know I will have to wash it after the beach. I get out the shower and go straight to brushing my teeth. Once I finish my daily routine, I go in my room to lotion up. The time is currently 9:55 so I have plenty of time left before Tyler shows up. When I begin to check my Snapchat stories, I realized that I didn't tell my friends about my date with Tyler.

💯Day Ones 💯:

Me: Hey babes, you don't need to come get me this morning. Tyler and I are going to breakfast.

🌸Nova 🌸: Tyler and you huh? Is this a date?

💋Coco 💋: Hold up Nova, bitch you didn't ask if I wanted breakfast lol

🤑Reid 🤑: Shit go ahead Lia! Tyler is fine ass hell...I approve

Me: Sorry Coco, but it's a date and I'm sure you don't want the be third wheeling.

🌸Nova🌸: Yes!! I was right. I knew it was a date.

🤑Reid🤑: Coco, stop dick blocking our girl. She trying to get some action and I ain't mad at it!!

💋Coco💋: Fine, but we're going to lunch or something after.

Me: Deal, but I have to go finish getting dressed. See you guys at the beach! Love you.

I put my phone on the charger because it cannot go dead today. When I look in my closet, I see so many bomb swimsuits to pick from. After trying on three, I pick the one that makes my body look bad as hell.

I quickly put on the swimsuit and return to my closet to pick some clothes to wear over it. I decide to keep it simple with a white crop top, light blue high-waisted shorts, and my go-to high top white converse.