|chapter seventy-two|

I slide out of bed very carefully, making sure not to wake Nova. I check my phone and see multiple text messages from Tyler. I had to silence it last night because we couldn't sleep. Not that I could with what happened last night. Instead of tossing and turning all night, my mind kept running. I thought about Bryce's gift and if I should return it. I thought about going to Rebecca's house and giving her a piece of my mind. I even thought about breaking up with Tyler. Thankfully, I eventually fell asleep, but now I'm awake and the thoughts are back. I let out a soft sigh and decide I need a long shower.

I complete all my morning activities after I shower. I glance at Nova and she's still sleeping as I go to my closet. As I'm looking at all my clothes, I base my outfit on how I feel. I put on a white beanie, beige sweater, and white skater skirt. I throw on my black boots because I'm feeling a little reckless.

 I throw on my black boots because I'm feeling a little reckless

"How are you feeling?" I jump a little at Nova's voice. "Damn. I didn't mean to scare you," she says, walking into my closet. "It's fine, Nova. I'm feeling okay." I let out a forced laugh and she can tell. "Everything will work out, Cahlia. How about we go to Stone's?" My stomach starts grumbling on cue to Nova's question. "I thought you were going to Drew's house for breakfast?" I ask as I walk back to my room. "He told me coach called a surprise Saturday practice. However, it doesn't matter because my best friend needs me," Nova says, smiling at me. I run and give her a tight hug. "Thanks, Nova. I don't know what I would do without you." I squeeze her a little tighter and she does the same. "You will never be without me, Lia. Now let's go wake up the little rascals." We both break out into laughter as we separate.

We walk down the hallway, quiet as we can be. As we get closer to the kitchen, Nova and I quickly realize we are the last ones up. Reid and Coco are sitting at the kitchen counter, fully-dressed. "When we heard Stone's, we got dressed," Coco says getting up from her seat.

One thing my friends and I have in common is our love for food.

I walk over to my medicine cabinet and grab the bottle of Tylenol. "Hungover?" Reid asks as I take out two pills. "Hungover, sad, confused, and so on." My friends give me a small smile as I take two pills. "Have you figured out a plan yet?" Coco asks. I shake my head 'no' and grab my keys hanging by the front door. "I just want a big plate of waffles and a lot of bacon." My friends grab their bags and walk out the front door with me.

"Shit, I want a plate of pancakes and sausage," Reid says when we get on the elevator. Coco, Nova, and I stay quiet as we wait for his dirty joke. "I never get my fill of sausage or meat in general." He gives us a sly smile and we all start laughing. "Your mind is so dirty," I say, pushing him softly. "Because I'm a freaky person Cahlia. Do you want to know how I met Alex?" He raises his eyebrow quizzingly at me. "I actually do, but minus the juicy details." Reid jokingly laughs as we walk to my car.

"Ok, so Alex and I met at that new gay club downtown. He was dancing on the bar and our eyes locked on each other. It was like his eyes set my entire body on fire. It was pure magic." I glance at Reid in the passenger seat as I pull out onto the road. "That's sweet, Reid. I'm happy your happy," I say. When Tyler looked at me a certain way, my body would feel this intense heat. It was so pleasurable that I constantly think about it. Reid continues describing his relationship with Alex as we drive to Stones.