|chapter nineteen|

My white swimsuit with black straps catches the whole group's attention.

"Are you good," I say smiling at a gazing Tyler. "Uhh, umm, yeah," he says moving closer to me. As we are stepping closer to each other, I hear Wesley and Parker both whistle. Tyler and I both quickly shoot them a bird. They both act like we have broken their hearts before running towards the water.

"You look amazing," Tyler says wrapping his arms around my waist. "You're not so bad yourself," I say placing my hands on his arms. I get this strange feeling that we are about to have our first kiss. His hazel eyes are turning slightly dark and I know it's because he wants me, just as bad as I want him.

Our faces start to lean in closer and just when we are about to kiss. "Umm, Ty, we're about to play soccer." We turn to see Bryce standing with a soccer ball while rubbing the back of his neck.

I can tell Tyler is slightly irritated, but he quickly kisses me on the cheek and takes the ball away from Bryce. Bryce and I both watch Tyler run to join Parker, Wesley, and Drew. "Are you going to go?" I ask Bryce. When he turns around to look at me, I can see grief in his eyes.

"Are Tyler and you a thing?" I can't stop the smile from coming to my face. "Umm, we might become a thing." He runs his hand through his hair before turning around and running to the boys. I turn to see my friends laying down under the tent watching me.

I sit on a towel next to them. "We enjoyed your striptease," Reid says while clapping his hands. "Shut up, where is the demon?" I asked beginning to lay down. "I'm guessing she was upset at how Bryce was staring at you during the show," Coco says turning on her side to look at me.

"How was he looking?" I ask out of curiosity. Nova sits up on her elbows, "like he wanted to take you right on this beach." We all burst out laughing and Reid says "that's the truth. I saw it." "You guys are insane, but I love you," I say reaching into my backpack to get my glasses.

"Let's go get in the water," Coco says standing up. "I bet I can beat you bitches," Reid says getting up. "Oh, hell no," I say. "Umm, who ran track in middle school," Nova says standing up and putting her glasses down. "Bitch, that was middle school. Please calm down," Reid says. "Fine. On three," Nova says.

Right when Nova says three, we all break out into a sprint towards the beach. "Dammit Reid," I say jumping in the water behind him. Reid won, I came in second, and Nova third. "Where is Coco?" We turn to the beach and see Coco walking down. She finally enters the water and swims towards us.

"I never said I was racing." When she says that we start splashing her with the water. "Ok, ok. I got it," she says laughing. We start swimming in a small circle and I realize how much I enjoy these moments. "So, Tyler huh?" Reid asks, and I shyly smile.

"I don't know guys. He makes me feel good." They suddenly splash me. "Aww, makes me feel good," they say in baby voices. "Fuck you guys," I say laughing. I turn to Coco and I see her staring at the beach. "Co, what's wrong?" She just nods towards shore. When we look at the beach, I instantly become angry.