|chapter twenty-six|

"I look like I'm going to a Baptism."

 We have been sitting in Reid's car for 30 minutes outside Tyler's house. "No, you don't Cahlia," Nova says checking her makeup in the mirror. "You look cute." All my friends smile at me and I nervously smiled back.

I'm wearing a white dress with a pair of gold sandals. I kept my jewelry pretty simple with gold earrings and a gold bracelet. 

"Bitch, if you don't get out this car, I will drag you out by your legs

"Bitch, if you don't get out this car, I will drag you out by your legs." I burst out laughing at Reid and it's exactly what I needed. "Fine, let's go." We jump out of Reid's car and start walking towards Tyler's front door. Before I can change my mind, I quickly ring the doorbell.

"You sure it's not too sho—" I stop when the front door opens. "Damn, still hot Lia," says the little boy looking up at me. "Looking cute Kyle." He turns and leans up against the door frame. "Oh, you know I'm still single, right," he says raising up his eyebrow.

"Kyle are you flirting with my girl," Tyler says roughing up Kyle's hair. "Damn, I can't help it. She's really cute." I smile when he winks at me. "Come find me later." I laugh as Kyle walks away playfully punching his brother. "Come on in," Tyler says laughing as we enter the house.

"Nice place, but where's the food," Coco asks with Reid and Nova nodding at the same question. "In the kitchen," Tyler says pointing towards the hall that leads to the room. "Perfect, catch up with you later Lia," and in no time my friends have left me for food. "They really like food," I say watching them leave.

When I turn to Tyler, he is looking down at me with a smug grin. "I forgot to do something." I give him a confused look, but not for long. Tyler pushes me up against the wall and kisses me. His hands move to hold the sides of my face while mine wrap around his waist.

"You look beautiful," he says running his thumb over my cheek. "You're not so bad yourself." He leans back and takes my hand in his. "Shall we go meet the family," Tyler asks, and I nod my head. When we reach the backyard, I am stunned by how many people are here. I glance over to see Wesley, Parker, Drew, Nova, Coco, and Reid chowing down on their food. Tyler and I both shake our heads while walking towards his parents.

"Oh Cahlia, glad you could make it," Mrs. Williams says crushing me in a hug. "Same Mrs. Williams." "Hello, Cahlia, nice to see you again." I shake Mr. Williams hand and smile. "Mom, where's grandma?" His mom nods her head towards the dancefloor.

When I see Tyler's grandmother dancing, she looks really good. I smile as she tries to keep up with the younger children. Tyler grabs my hand and we start walking towards the dancefloor. "Tyler, no." He looks back at me and smiles. "I know what you're thinking and I'm not doing it."

Before I can argue any longer, Tyler pulls me onto the dancefloor. He holds me close against his body and starts rocking sideways. Our bodies are moving with the beat and we are so in sync. Tyler's presence against mine allows me to loosen up a little bit. I start to forget where I am and lose myself in the music. Tyler and I start dancing and eventually a crowd forms around us clapping.