|chapter seventy-nine|

"It was Rebecca."

I uncontrollably start laughing. My smile doesn't meet my eyes, but it's a laugh none the less.

Once I notice the weird expressions coming from my friends, I slowly come back to the moment.

"Guys, he's not that fucking crazy."

My statement comes out in pieces through my chuckles. Reid doesn't say anything, and he doesn't need too. His face gives me all the information I need, and I don't feel like laughing anymore. "Maybe they were just hanging out," Coco says after seeing my face drop. Reid slowly shakes his head 'no'.

"Alex and I saw them kissing."

I stare at Reid once again and I can't hold my sarcastic laugher inside. I'm not sure if I was having a mental break down or if I was completely thrown a damn curve ball. My friends watch me chuckle to the point that my eyes water.

"I'm gonna fuck him up," I say in-between gritted teeth.

I think about all the shit that we have been through because of this girl. She said stuff about my dad and I slapped the hell out of her. They talked about me on my damn birthday. He has defended this chick till the end of time. A chick who cheated on him, may I remind you.

"Lia, your kind of scaring me. Are you okay?" Nova moves closer to me on the bed. I nod my head 'yes' and refill my cup with wine. I take a sip from the cup and look at her.

"Tyler just has me all the way messed up." I deadpan.

I finish the rest of my wine and stand up. "What else did you see, Reid?" Out the corner of my eye, I see Coco and Nova discreetly shaking their heads 'no' towards Reid. He hesitates, but continues, causing Nova and Coco both to let out aggravated sighs.

What Reid tells me next already has me putting on my shoes.

He describes the pair as being very cozy throughout the mall. They were holding hands and fondling each other. Reid told me he followed them till they left in Tyler's Jeep. By the time he finishes his story, I have my backpack on and shoes tied.

"Wait, Lia. You can't just go to his house. How do you even know if he's there?" Coco stands up and blocks the door. "I'll find out," is all I say as I make my way towards the door. Coco doesn't budge, and Reid soon joins her.

"Just think this out. You don't want to make a mistake." I stand back and clasps my hands in front of my face. "Did you see them kissing, Reid?" He sadly nods his head at my question. I clap my hands and take a step forward. "Hmm, what I'm about to do isn't a mistake," I say after pretending to think about it.

"What if he's at the huge party tonight?" I pause in my forwarding motion and stand there. Reid believes his comment worked, but it does the opposite. I pull up my Snapchat and click on Tyler's stories. He is clearly at the party, but I freeze when I see a certain hand with black nail polish, slung over his shoulder.

So, we are taking this public. I'm cool with that.

"Listen, I'm going to this party. Are you guys coming or not?" My friends should know that I'm not backing down on this issue. They moan as they put on their shoes. Coco tells her parents that she is spending the night at my house before leaving.

"Perfect, I just have to make one quick detour to my apartment."

The plotting smirk on my face has never been more prevalent.

❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂

To say the house is packed would be an understatement. There is barely any room to even breath. I told Nova not to tell Drew that we're here because he would tell Tyler in a heartbeat. Yet, I understand with the whole bro code thing.