|chapter thirty-six|

After Tyler left me this morning I have not been able to go back to sleep. All of this is my fault. It's my fault not cutting off the flirtation with Bryce. It's my fault why Tyler felt the need to invite Rebecca to get my attention. I fucked up all these relationships. Not Tyler. Not Bryce. Not Sabrina. Not Rebecca. Me.

I've been standing in my bathroom mirror debating on what I should or should not do. My mind is playing every scenario and option I should do. Until it finally clicks. Stop letting your mind pick and follow your heart.

I turn on the shower and quickly wash my body and hair. Once I get out, I quickly brush my teeth and blow-dry my hair. I leave my bathroom and sit on my bed to lotion up. My clock says 12 pm so that gives me enough time to complete my plan. 

I've texted Tyler a few times, but he hasn't responded to any of them. I can sense my anxiety rising over what I have planned to do. This could either go really great or terribly wrong.

I push the negative thoughts aside and go to my bathroom to do my makeup and hair. I decide to keep my makeup natural with a nude pink lip. I pull my hair up into a smooth bun, leaving pieces of my hair to the side. I'm constantly checking my phone to see if Tyler has replied; which I know he won't.

I go into my closet and look for a showstopper dress. After trying on a few, I decide on a rose gold dress with a design in the chest area. I pair the dress with my gold stiletto sandals.

 I pair the dress with my gold stiletto sandals

"Ok, Cahlia. You look good and you got this. You are about to try and fix all the mistakes you've made. Maybe some will forgive you and maybe some won't, but you are done playing these games." I say to myself in the mirror. I double check my makeup and hair before grabbing my purse and heading downstairs.

"Woah, where are you going?" Cayden asks sitting up on the living room sofa. "I have something to do, but I'll just meet you guys at the restaurant." Before he can ask any more questions, I walk out the front door. I unlock my Range Rover and start the car as soon as I get inside.

Okay, first stop. Bryce's house.

❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂

I'm standing outside of Bryce's house waiting for him to open the front door. I'm pretty sure he is hungover, but I could care less at this point. I stop my inner thoughts once I hear the door unlock.

"Hey, Lia. You look nice." I give him a kind smile as he steps aside for me to enter the house. "Parents still out of town?" I asked walking into the foyer. "Yep, won't be back until tomorrow. Do you want something to drink?" He starts walking towards the kitchen and I follow him.

"No, this shouldn't take long," I say. Bryce pauses while opening the fridge before grabbing a bottle of water. "Ok..." he says once he turns around. I take a deep breath in before starting the conversation that should have happened a long time ago.

"Do you remember when you told me not to tell anyone about us?" I place my hands on the counter hoping the coolness will calm my body down. Bryce's eyes go from confusion to sorrow in a matter of seconds. "Yeah, that was fucked up. I'm sorry about that." His voice is soft and sincere, but it doesn't change what I came here to say.