|chapter sixty-two|

"Babe are you almost ready?"

I'm looking in my closet for my fluffy pink jacket. "I'm coming. Just one more second." I finally find it and grab it off the hanger. I put it on and look at my outfit in the mirror. I'm wearing a simple oversized white t-shirt, gold watch, and my white platform sneakers. I add some gold studded earrings before walking out of the bathroom.

 I add some gold studded earrings before walking out of the bathroom

"See, it didn't take that long." I go grab my purse and put my things inside it. "Not long. Baby, the game ended two hours ago, and I'm ready before you." Tyler stands up from my bed and wraps his arms around my waist. "Well, considering I watched you guys slaughter that team for two hours; I think I deserved extra time to get ready." He nods his head in agreement before moving his hands to the sides of my face.

"Ok, Rodrick's parties get a tad bit crazy. Promise you'll stay by me. I don't want anything to happen to you."

I'm totally about to lie here. My friends and I have a plan up our sleeves for Rodrick tonight.

"I can handle myself, but I'll try to stay by your side." He pulls my face up for a kiss. "I should have known you weren't going to listen to me. You never do." I give him a smile before leaning up and kissing him again. He moves back and looks at my outfit. "You have no idea how happy I am with your outfit choice." I turn my head and give him a confused look.

"You usually wear tight dresses and stuff that catches other guys attention." I gently laugh and walk past him. "Aww, is Tyler jealous. I can totally go change into a dress like that." He catches up with me and pulls me out of the bedroom. "Nope, we're good," he says pulling me down the stairs. "Yeah, that's what I thought," I say as we walk down the stairs.

"I swear your smart comments are going to make me take you back upstairs." The image of what he just said happening makes me pull my dress down. "Nothing else to say now, Lia," Tyler says turning around smiling at me. I mouth the words 'fuck you' and it only makes him laugh.

"Aww, you two look cute. Watch after our Tyler tonight, Lia," Mrs. Williams says, meeting us in the hallway. "Wait, what? Why isn't it the other way around?" I softly laugh at his question. "Because son, we've seen Lia's hands and yours are still smooth since the day you were born," Mr. Williams says, wrapping his arm around his wife's shoulders.

I can't help but laugh at what Mr. Williams just said. So, they know I get into fights and they are completely okay with that. I'm starting to love the Williams' family more and more.

"You know, I actually did get into a fight once," Tyler says walking towards the front door. "Oh, sure son. We know you've been in plenty of fights." Mr. Williams puts air quotes around the word "plenty" which makes me laugh more. "Whatever, love you guys and we will be back later tonight." Tyler and I wave goodbye to his parents as we walk to his Range Rover.

After opening the door for me, he walks around the car and gets in. "Your parents noticed my hands and haven't said anything. I truly love them Tyler." I look down at my hands and they have both healed well. Because the discoloration is all gone, people can finally focus on the ring Tyler gave me instead of my bruised fist. "Maybe I should get into more fights since they don't believe me." Tyler puts the car in reverse and pulls out of the driveway.